Chapter 1

Ezra opened his eyes and looked at the world around him. They were currently on a small moon that reminded him of Lothal. It was filled with endless fields just like his home, the only difference was that grass here was a rich green, and there were nearby mountains. Despite the differences, it was nice to be somewhere that felt like home.

"And there's another reminder of Lothal," Ezra thought to himself as a Loth-Cat jumped onto his lap. It began to paw at his arm and meowed impatiently.

"Okay, okay! I'll stop!" Ezra pet the cat for a moment and sighed. The Loth-Cat was no stray. It was his. The day he left Lothal he noticed the cat following him. With lots of pleading and begging, Hera let him take it. And he was glad.

Ezra stood up and stretched. "It's not like this meditating is doing anything anyways," Ezra mumbled.

Meditating. It was the only thing he was able to semi-learn when it came to the practices of the Jedi.

For the past few years Ezra's nights were plagued with nightmares and there were even days he saw strange images that felt so real. Early on he expressed these concerns to Hera. She didn't know what had brought them on, but she told him she believed he might possess the force and perhaps it had something to do with that.

Ever since then Ezra tried to learn as much as he could about the force and the Jedi, but he never was very successful. The Empire prevented that information from getting out to the public, and because of that there was little for him to learn. He had to go off of stories from others and what they remembered about the Jedi. He wished he could learn more, but he was grateful for what information he did have.

Ezra didn't really consider himself a Jedi, and there were times he didn't believe he could ever learn to use the force. But he did what he could, and the only Jedi 'training' he received was meditating, and he even struggled with that.

Ezra let out another sigh and looked down at his Loth-Cat who was sitting patiently as if it was waiting for something.

"You're hungry, aren't you?" Ezra asked the cat. The cat did a little spin and began to paw at his foot. "Alright. Well, let's go inside and find something to eat."

Ezra started to walk up towards the Ghost, which was sitting in the tall swaying grass. He walked up the ramp with his cat not far behind. Once he was inside he closed the ramp and made his way for the galley. He knew they were low on food, but there was sure to be something.

Ezra walked down the hallways and looked around for Hera. She must've been in her room. He went to galley and placed his cat on the table. He hoped Hera wouldn't mind. After all, cats seemed to jump on everything. If he didn't put her there, she was sure to just jump right up there on her own.

"Alright. Let's see what we have." Ezra began to open up the cabinets and peek inside of them. They were all completely empty except one, and the only thing inside of it was one ration bar. Ezra took it out of the cabinet, placed it on the counter and frowned. He turned around and looked at his cat who was patiently waiting for its meal.

Before Ezra could even call out for her, Hera came in staring down at a datatpad. She tapped the screen a few times and then looked up. "I thought I heard you come in."

"Yeah," Ezra replied, not sure what else to say. He pointed at her datapad and said, "were you talking to the Rebellion?"

"What?" Hera asked. She looked down at the datapad and then back up. "Oh, yes, I was."

"And what did they say?" Ezra was always curious about what the Rebellion was doing. They worked with them very often, so often in fact he wasn't sure why they weren't officially apart of their effort. At least, from what he knew they weren't.