Scars Chapter 14

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.

 Khalil Gibran

Warning long chapter

Belle's eyes watched the soldier leave her room, Rossi, her mind reminded her. Her pale fingers traced the inscription that Jabrian had left on her ribs. These FBI agents brought up dark memories, each fighting to the forefront of her thoughts which was extremely unappreciated.  

The nurse busied herself with vitals and other menial tasks as Belle felt herself sink further and further into seductions of her past. Letting her body lose the ache and her heart feel ever so lighter, she drifted into her subconscious and let the images of her whilom play beneath her lids. 

*Six months ago, Chapel, with the Winchesters.* 

The screams overwhelmed the young girl's ears, her eyes glazed as she saw the pentagram drawn in blood open. A pillar of blinding light beaming as the diameter grew. Belle felt a pull on her jacket as her father hugged her to his chest. Grabbing for Sam who was transfixed by the scene in front of them. 

"Come on!" His gruff tone urged pulling at his brother. 

"Dean," he gasped holding on to him as well, "he's coming." 

"Come on." He repeated making moves immediately. Dean grabbed Belle shoving her as the trio flew to the exit to escape the shaking room, the large wooden door blocking their attempts. The intensity grew and Belle felt it, the power of him coming. Between the splintering of the door and the mysterious ringing surrounding them, the boys peeled over in pain leaving Belle standing, watching. 

The light coruscating violently, Belle whimpered eyes flashing as she couldn't peel away, Dean tried tugging her down with him but it seemed as if she were stuck. The last words she heard before blacking out was, 

"Hello, Ecclesia,"

Gasping she felt someone nudging her shoulder vigorously. "Princess," shove, "C'mon, open your eyes kiddo, you gotta be okay." With that, her eyes snapped to see her father leaning over her. 

"Where are we?" The vacant looks were answer enough. 

Dean looked to Sam who was on the end seat. "What the hell?"

Eyebrows raised, "I don't know." Her Uncle gaped. 

A cracking overhead caused the family to look up in confusion. "Folks, a quick word from the flight deck. We're just passing over Ilchester, then Ellicott City, on our initial descent into Baltimore..."

"Ilchester? Weren't we just there?" Her father cut him off gesturing to the window whilst Belle nodded, taking note of a stupid loony toons cartoon that had been playing, surprise surprise, it had to do with the devil. 

"So if you'd like to stretch your legs, now would be a good time too." The pilot tried to continue as the plane jerked in the sky causing the stewardess to go flying to the floor and the emergency breathing bags to pop down. Springing into action Belle whipped it over her face quickly, gripping on to her father's sleeve in fright. The windows once again flooding with brightness. 

Welp, this is gonna be an interesting flight.  

*Present day, Lawrence Memorial Hospital, with Belle*

"Hello? Ms. Winchester?" A light female voice brought her out of her thoughts as she faced three doctors dressed in white coats in front of her. One was male, obviously the boss of the other two. The next was the woman talking, he curly hair pulled back leaving piercing kind eyes. Lastly, a male who stood stiffly, his hands folded expertly across his torso as he watched her intensely.