Missing Chapter 45

WARNING this chapter contains highly sensitive topics, including
-major character death
-graphic violence
-major trauma

If you are triggered by any of the following please read at your own risk.

Stay safe.

This chapter also contains a moment where a song will play, to increase your reading experience when you see this, -----------, play the reccomend song.

Recommended Song, As the world caves in, by Matt Maltese

It has been said, 'time heals all wounds.' I do not agree. The wounds remain. In time, the mind, protecting its sanity, covers them with scar tissue and the pain lessens. But it is never gone.

Rose Fitzgerald Kennedy

The muted whooshing of rain filtered in through the quiet of the hotel, Lis was sleeping soundly, or Spencer hoped they were, in the conjoining room. The Doctor, had been scouring for clues on where his niece was. Whilst he had continued searching on the teen's paper trail, Lis, who was amazing at the technological trail, had found a website called, "WherestheWinchesters.com" which was a fan made website that tracked the cases that the family would have been at if they were real.

So the duo had geographically pinned down a case that they would have most likely be attending, a group of missing women that had weird circumstances in Oregon.

They'd taken a plane into Seattle and driven a few hours so now they were just outside the state border. Groaning, Reid picked at his fingers, worriedly glancing at the digital clock beside him. Hotch had been worried, maybe also a bit suspicious when he'd cashed in his vacation time for a small leave until further notice. "I need to visit my Mom," Spencer had explained lamely, "I just, I need to be around her right now."

It felt gross to lie, like a burning shame that seeped over his nerves like a brush fire, but he knew the Unit Chief wouldn't understand, if Spencer admitted that he'd known where Belle was or had a hunch, the entire team would be out and both the Winchester's AND Belle would be gone.

That didn't lessen his guilt when he watched the exhaustion sweep over Derek's face, the elder man hadn't been himself. Early mornings mixed with late nights, all his extra time on focused on tracking Belle, looking for any clues to where she could be.

And Spencer had the audacity to not even admit that he knew she was safe.

Lurching up from the stiff bed he rolled over to his satchel in the corner, pulling it to him, he opens it quietly. Almost like it was forbidden, though if Lis knew what he was about to do, he didn't think he'd live long enough to have to face his teammates. Pulling out the soft covered book, his fingers traced over the details delicately, eyes trailing the look of anguish on "Belle's" face.

Pushing away the anxiety crawling up his throat, he opened the first pages, immediately losing himself in the words. "It's hard to realize how close the end is, you can try to run from it, maybe even hide, but as Dean saw those beasts lick their chops at him, prowling forward by the feat of his enemy, he knew that there was no running this time."

Almost two years ago, with the Winchesters

Belle tried to quiet her whispered whimpers that threatened to climb from her throat as they neared the darkened house, her father quiet and complacent as she'd never seen before.

He was going to die, her father was going to die, and she couldn't do anything about it. Trying to stuff the anxiety down her ears strained to listen to the hushed tones of the adults in the front seat. Belle's fingers digging into the familiar carving of initials into baby.