New Home?

Charlotte took me to the jumping ring. I jumped with precision. We got first place, but it wasn't really us. Once we got to the trailer, I didn't want to get in. She got a whip and forced me in. My hind legs were bleeding and she didn't bother to clean them up.

When we got to the stable, she beat me with a whip again. When she stopped beating me, I couldn't stand, she called me a pathetic excuse of a horse. I fell asleep without dinner,like almost every night. The next morning, Charlotte came out, said she was going shopping and that I was lucky she was putting me in the pasture. I was still sore from the last beating she gave me.

I was outside until noon when Charlotte came back followed by a cop car and horse trailer. The cop arrested Charlotte.

I breathed out happily, but in pain. Suddenly, I can't stand any longer and collapsed on the ground. A guy was short blonde hair ran over and started soothing me by stroking my ears. He told me to rest and by that time I had passed out from pain.
———————————————————

When I woke up, I was in a trailer. I stood up when the vehicle stopped. I backed my side up to the front of the trailer. They open the back door and I was terrified. The same blonde guy that comforted me before came in and I huffed heavily,"Hey, it's okay Alfie, shhh." He said as I started whimpering in fear and pain.

He walked towards me slowly with his hands out. I slowly shifted and sniffed his hand. After a minute I decided he was all right and gently "shoved" my face into his chest. He laughed and scratched my chin. I chuffed lightly and leaned into his touch. "Come on, let's get you out of here." He said quietly.

He started walking backwards toward the ramp. I followed slowly.I was halfway to the front of the trailer. I stopped when I heard others talking. I started to back up again. The boy came towards me and rubbed my neck. " It's okay, we're not going to hurt you. Come on you can do it." He whispered into my ear.

He kept his hand on my neck and slowly walked forward with me, whispering 'you're doing great', 'good girl', and 'easy does it Alf '. And I slowly walk down the ramp with the boy by my side. Once outside, I looked around and saw other teens and other horses looking at me. I hide my body behind the boy. "Will."A blond girl called the boy next to me, while holding a halter and lead rope.

I shifted and walked to a pasture that had some piglets and chicks. I laid down by the pigpen as the humans were arguing with each other. I ignored them and paid attention to the chicks that were burying themselves in mane and the piglets cuddling into my chest.

Suddenly, it went all quiet around me. I heard a couple of 'Awes' come my way. I opened my eyes and saw Will standing by a palomino. I slowly shifted myself so I was laying on my forelegs and stomach. I motioned for the chicks to get on my back, but one buried herself into my forelock. I got up and walked around the paddock with the piglets following me around.

I bowed down and let the chicks slide off of me. The little chick that was in my forelock slid down my face. When she got to the ground, she turned around and 'hugged' my snout. The chick left to follow her mother and the piglets left earlier. I walked over to a nice looking patch of grass and started grazing.

About ten minutes later, I saw a fluffy looking cat stuck under some crates. I went behind the crate and used my hood to tilt it towards me. After the cat escaped, I walked away, only to be followed by Will with a halter and a lead rope.

'Again,' I thought. He came towards me and I walked away from him. He walked towards me again and I kept walking away from him. I looked at him fearfully.

He looked me in the eye, then his face softened. He walked back into the barn and came back with his hand behind his back. I looked at him suspiciously. He brought his hand out to reveal an apple. I walked to him.

"Hey Alfie, lets get you inside, and get you groomed and fed." Will told me softly as he held the apple out towards me.

I gently grabbed it from his hand and ate half. He started walking backwards to the gate. I followed him, wanting the rest of my apple. He kept walking backwards until we were in a stall. He turned and shut the door, then gave me the rest of the apple. He picked up a brush and started brushing my back and hindquarters.

I tensed as he neared my still tightly braided tail. "Hey don't worry, tomorrow I will give you a bath and take out the braids, okay?" He said/asked.

I relaxed as he started to wipe my face down with a wet rag. I nickered at him as he put oats, hay, and water in my stall. He put a black blanket on my back. He started to exit the stall, when I grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him back.

"Hey now!" Will said in surprise.

I walked in front of the door and stood there, looking at him with pleading eyes. He sighed and sat down on the ground. I walked over and layed down. I put my head in his lap.

He started massaging my ears and I started to fall asleep. Before I fell asleep, I felt Will shift, so his legs were by my back and he was kind of curled around me. He resumed massaging my ears, and we soon both fell asleep.