Escape? No! Attack? Yes!

The next day, Will put me in the paddock by myself. I heard a little cheeping. I walked towards the sound. It was coming from a bush on the other side of the fence. I jumped the fence to find my little chick and two piglets. I huffed. A dog came over, " Alfie, my name is Shep. Why are you out of the paddock?"

I ignored Shep and bent down to pick up a piglet in my mouth gently. I set the piglet down and grabbed the other one. Then I bent down again and climbed into my mane and walked up to my forelock, burying herself in it.

When I stood back up, Will was riding over on Jimber. "Easy, easy." Will said, gently rubbing my ear,

He got pecked and hesitantly pulled back. He chuckled when he saw the dirty chick in my forelock. I walked away with my chick. I took her to the water trough. I leaned down, and she slid from my face to the ground.

Will watched me as I took some water in my mouth and drizzled it on my chick. Once she was clean, I leaned back down and she curled into my mane. I walked around the paddock for a while. I grazed as my chick played.

 I grazed as my chick played

(The chick👆🏻)

The hen came around after while and took her chick with her. I huffed sadly. I walked over to the gate to look for Will or Jimber, when I didn't see them, I started cutting.

I had just started dressage, when I heard neighing. I looked around and saw a run away horse with Sarah on it. I jumped the fence and ran after the horse. I heard a scream, " Sarah!Alfie!"

I continued running when I lost the horse, I heard Sarah scream, "Diablo!"

Then I heard a growl. 'Wolf!' I thought. I ran towards Sarah and crashed into the wolf. I reared at it. I heard more hooves coming this way. Then the wolf started circling me. I let out an ear curling shrill. The wolf cowered in fear. I was mad😡. I charged at the wolf and ran it through the forest.

On my way back, I was ambushed by a mountain lion. I felt a distressed whinny coming up my throat. 'No,no,no!' I thought as the mountain lion followed me. I heard the others the way I was going so I turned. I headed right. I ran down into a canyon, bad choice. I turned and pawed the ground. I huffed out air and neighed loudly. I was scared.

The mountain lion charged at me. "Alfie!" I heard Will scream. I put my ears back as the mountain lion charged and jumped. He landed his nails in my hindquarters. I bucked and kicked it in the ribs, hard. Once it crashed into the wall, I ran out of there. I ran back into the forest, slightly bleeding. I ran into the stream and stopped. I gulped down water. "Alfie!" I heard the group call.

Then I heard Jimber, "Alfie, please, where are you?"

I neighed tiredly in the direction of the calls. I drank more water and heard the sound of hooves coming towards me. I slowly started walking towards them. "Alfie?...Alfie! OH MY GOSH! Alfie you're hurt!" Jimber neighed as he stopped 3 feet before me.

"Alfie, easy, easy, it's okay. Lets get you back to horse land." Will said as he stood beside me, scratching my chin gently. I grunted uneasily as he mounted again. I walked beside Jimber, slowly gaining energy.

"Will!" I heard someone yell. "You found her!" they all screamed happily. I just kept walking.

I stopped right as we emerged from the forest. "Alfie, are you okay?" Jimber asked me.

I didn't say anything as I laid down on the ground, not moving. "Alfie, come on just a few more feet, you can do it." Will said as he got off Jimber, walked over to me and tried to help me up. It didn't work very well, so Jimber came over and nudged my side at the same time as Will and I was able to get up, but I had to lean on Jimber.

When I got to my stall, Will went and called the vet.