Sadness and forgiveness

I heard hooves following me. I didn't even bother to look back, I just continued walking back to Horseland.  I jumped the paddock fence and kept my head down. " She looks sad Will, and not the ' I'm sad for no reason' kind of sad." Sarah told Will.

I slowly moved farther away and put my side against the barn. I payed down facing away from everyone. I huffed and closed my eyes.

__________________________

When I woke up, my little chick was looking at me. She nuzzled into my mane and cheeped at me. I nickered and got up, walking around the paddock. I walked over to the gate and opened it.

I walked to the chicken coop. The other chicks were running around my feet. "Alfie?" I heard someone call.

It was Will. I lowered my head in shame. " Hey, shh, it's okay. You did nothing wrong." He whispered as he rubbed the bottom of my chin.

I huffed and pushed my face into him. He moved his hands so they were on my cheeks and chuckled.

"You just seem to have a lot of bad luck recently, don't you baby girl. No one understanding you, no one that shares much in common with you. I am sorry Alfie, I didn't mean to startle you. Can you forgive me?" He asked me in a whisper.

I nodded-ish in his chest. " Well, come on, let's get you to your stall." He said.

He walked towards the barn with my chin around his shoulder.

(Like these but Alfie and Will)

Hey guys,
I am sorry for not updating in so long. I have been having a rough time as my lifelong friend died with no reason. My life is just a little too complicated right now. I thank you for your support with this story and know that I am working on more updates!
~A