The Vet

When I wake up the next morning, the filly was still asleep. I nudged her and she got up. "Thank you." She said to me.

I nodded as Will came and let her out. He held out a halter and let me smell it, "Is this okay?" He asked me.

I lowered my head and let him put it on me." You are getting a bath today. Then the Veterinarian is coming to give you a check up, and then we will try some tack. How does that sound?" He said.

I neighed in reply. He laughed and led me to a hay net. He grabbed a water hose and filled a bucket with sponges in it. Then he wet me down. He washed my forelock and face first, then the rest of my body.

He rinsed me and brushed out my hair. He picked my hooves out and left. I whinnied and he came back with Jimber in tow. I neighed in greeting and he neighed back. "Alright, you two are getting check ups today. The vet should be here any minute." Will said coincidentally at the same time the vet arrived.

"Hello, Will." The Doctor said as he approached Will.

"Hello, Dr. Stevens. Who are we doing first?" Will asked.

" Well, let's get Jimber's knocked out first." He replied.

Will walked Jimber as the Doctor checked his gait. I was getting bored and my hay net was empty. I pulled my head up and the rope came undone.  I walked into the arena and went in. "Hang on. Alfie?" Will said, I turned and he unclipped the rope.

I nudged him in thanks. I first did a lap around the arena to warm up.  Then I practiced dressage. Halfway through my routine, I heard cheeping.

I followed the cheeping and saw my little chick standing by the vet. I huffed and jumped the fence. Will watched me approach the vet. I stopped 4 feet away from him.

Will got the vet's attention as I laid down, allowing my chick to bury herself in between my ears. I got back up and jumped the fence.

I finished my dressage, and went on to cutting. I saw Will watching me along with the vet. I snorted and ran towards the flat track and started running.

When I had had enough fun, I reared and trotted to Will. He laughed as I laid my face against his chest. He clipped the lead rope on and walked me towards the vet.

"Well, it looks like no actual physical is needed for this one." The vet said laughing as I took Will's hat and put it on Jimber. I chuffed with laughter.

My chick cheeped at me. I lowered my head and she slid off my face, hugging me as always. She then walked off to her mother.

"Well let's check these scratches. You said they were from a mountain lion, correct?" The vet said as he felt around the scratches.

Will nodded. "Brave girl we've got here, huh?" The Doc said as he checked my teeth.

"Yep. Has a little PTSD, though." Will replied.

"Well, that will take time Will. Looks like all she needs is her vaccines." The Doc said.

I tended as he said vaccines. I knew I was going to be getting shots. I yanked the rope out of Will's hand and jumped into the paddock.

"Shoot, I was hoping she didn't know that word!" The vet said.

Will looked disappointed with me. I jumped another fence and looked around while stopping. I moved my ears around and listened.

I heard a cat clawing something and followed the noise around the barn. The same cat from the first day I was here was, yet again, stuck under a box.

I neighed lightly and and pulled the box towards me with my good. "Thank you." She said.

I used my lips to fix her floor of hair. "Sorry, I messed up your hair when I moved the box. You're welcome." I replied.

"May I get on your back?" She asked, I nodded.

She jumped up swiftly and sat on my rump. I walked around the paddock fence towards Will. "Well, I'll be." The vet said as I walked back to Will.
Will grabbed my halter as I buried my face in his chest.

The vet gave me the vaccines. "There, see that's all. You're all done." He says and leaves.

I look back and see the cat is till on my back. "My name is Angora." She said then jumped off my back, walking away.

——————————————————— Hello everyone, sorry for leaving you hanging for the last month. I was having a hard time with family and school work so I had to take a break from writing. I thank you all for supporting me and giving me motivation to keep writing.
~A