The Chick's Champion!

Bailey grabbed the megaphone/microphone and said, "3, 2, 1, GO!"

I took off as Will was wrapping his hands in my mane. I almost threw him off going around the first bend. He laughed as I lengthened my strides. I continued through the first and second lap with these lengthened strides.

"Come on Alfie, I know you are faster than this!" Will said as he leaned forward even more.

I nickered loudly at him. I went even faster than I had on the first day I had gotten here. I went even faster as I was on the last quarter mile of the track. "Time!" Bailey yelled as I crossed the finish line.

Will slowed me then walked me toward Bailey. "You two were flying out there! Your time was 5 minutes and one second!" He yelled.

I shied away from Bailey. "Easy Alfie, he is just excited." Will explained as I walked backwards.

I then heard cheeping. I looked around and saw my chick walking towards something on the ground. It moved and I ran towards it. "Woah, Alfie!" Will said as I jumped the fence.

when I got to my chick, I saw it was a snake. I reared, striking it with my hoof. After a few more hits, it laid dead on the ground. I huffed and walked over to my chick. I let her climb into my mane.

Will chuckled at my protectiveness of my chick. I walked over to the mother hen, who was watching me, and let my chick slide down my face. She hugged me and walked to her mother.

Will pulled on the reins and moved me towards the others. Bailey reached up to pet my head and I moved away from him. I walked to the arena that still had hurdles set up in it. I walked the course with will on my back.

I walked back to the start and looked at the first hurdle. Will shifted in the saddle as I neared the first jump. I leapt over the rest of them easily. As the course was coming to an end, I continued on to the largest jump, the double oxer.

I jumped over it easily. "Holy Cow!" Bailey yelled.

Will got off my back and led me to a water trough. I drank the water slowly as he removed the saddle from my back. Will came back with a halter and lead rope. He took the bridle off and put the halter in its place.

-------------------------------------
Alright, that is the end of this chapter! Stay tuned for more!

~A