Morning Troubles

I woke up before Will and heard people walking into the stable. I lay there quietly as a girl with blonde hair walked in. She took a picture of us, thinking I was asleep. I slowly turned and got up. I nuzzled Will's hand, then his hair. He hadn't woken up yet so I put my face on his neck and moved my whiskers. He woke up, and realizing what I was doing, he quickly started laughing.

After a few minutes, I decided he had enough. I walked over to the oat bag from yesterday. I sniffed it suspiciously. I started eating it slowly. Will got up and grabbed the bucket of water. Halfway through the bag, I was full. I walked to Will and he set the bucket down on the floor. I drink most of the water, when Will came back and hung a halter on a hook on the inside of my stall. I backed up quickly from it.

"Hey girl, it's okay." He said offering me a carrot. I did not walk towards him this time.

"What's wrong?" He asked me as if I would answer.

I snorted and nickered at him. He walked towards me, and offered the carrot to me again. I did not look at him. I was too busy staring down the halter. I walk towards the halter, but I veared myself towards the hay. I hid behind the hay and peaked out from behind it. Will was watching me with a chuckle here and there. Will grabbed the halter and hid it behind his back. He walked towards me holding the carrot. He then held out the halter and let me smell it. He tried to put it on me, but I held my head high.

"Come on Alfie. Just let me put the halter on, then we can go outside." Will said.

Slowly and cautiously, I lowered my head so he could reach. He shushed me when he put the nose strap over my nose because I started whimpering. He buckled the halter, and offered me the carrot again. I took it and ate the orange part, and put the leafy part on his head. He chuckled and walked out of the stall, only to return with a lead rope.

I lifted my head when he entered. " Alfie, it's okay, come on baby girl, it's alright." He repeated to get me to lower my head. I finally lowered my head and he clipped the lead rope to the halter.

He rubbed my nose as he soothingly talked, "Come on, let's give you a bath, and remove those braids."

He grabbed the lead rope and walked backwards, watching me.