| e n d i n g s c e n e |

[TRIGGER WARNING: MENTIONS OF SUICIDE]

[now playing: ending scene - IU]
[begin scene]

ocean tossed her purse onto her bed - old bed - before zooming out of the dorms again.

she wanted to leave it all behind.

the hurt, the pain, the tears, the heartbreak.

these past few months hurt more than what had happened last year.

she started remembering it after jungkook had told her.

she remembered what happened after she caught yoongi and jungkook.

the car. the headlights. jungkook's screams. her own screams.

the pain shooting up her body. the sound of her body hitting the pavement. the feeling of her ribs cracking.

the feeling of her forgetting almost everything.

a small part of ocean wanted it to happen again.

she wanted another car to hit her.

but harder, this time.

hard enough to kill her, this time.

as she walked down the surprisingly quiet streets of seoul, her mind raced.

a part of it told her to stop. a part of it told her to not do what she was about to do. what she desperately wanted to do.

the other part of her wanted to be released from this pain. all of the pain she's felt over the past few months.

she wanted to leave it all behind.

she couldn't start a new life. the cameras, the people, they'd follow her everywhere.

ocean knew she was about to make a stupid decision. as she neared the bridge, the one that was above the raging river below, her mind crowed with too many different thoughts.

she was hurting.

jisoo.

jungkook.

she shook her head as she stared into the crystal clear water below the rail. she was tempted to climb over the rail.

she was about to.

she was going to.

she set her hand on the railing, and pulled her long legs over the railing, one leg at a time.

she stood on the ledge, the wind whipping her hair around her head.

she took a short breath,

and just as she was about to let go of the railing,

a strong hand clamped around her wrist.

"ocean." jungkook breathed, looking her in the eyes.

"let me go, jungkook. haven't you ruined enough?" she murmured quietly, not knowing the incoming impact of those few words.

the simple words were enough to surprise jungkook.

he made the mistake of letting her go.

her fingers flew from the railing.

in a second, all ocean could hear were the sounds of bubbles rushing out of her ears. her lungs filled with water almost immediately as she heavily breathed it in.

quickly, eagerly.

it burned her nose, throat, and lungs, but she didn't care.

it'd be over soon anyway.

[END]