Chapter 2 - Imprisonment

Crimson felt something soft poking her cheek repetitively. Annoyed, she scrunched up her emerald eyes before opening them, taking in the sight before her. She was staring at a dingy ceiling covered in moss. Part of it had caved in slightly, soaking wet and dripping water to the floor.

The room smelt musty, but not horrible. It was like a cave, where you think it smells horrible but it really smells like nothing. She was very confused, not knowing where she was. She didn't remember this being a place in Gregorax. She turned her head, staring at the lasers that looked like bars.

Her white shirt, embellished with the logo of the Aviators clung onto her skin. The moisture made dew drops appear on her skin. Her beige pants were scuffed from the fall. The air outside should've been cool, but being stuck inside a small room made the air suffocating. She looked around, and couldn't spot her bag.

She closed her eyes again, letting out a soft sigh. 'This place is horrible.' She watched the slow dripping off the water, a frown slowly made its way to her lips. She really wished she hadn't went and stolen that space ship. Again, she cursed her inability to think before she acted.

"Oh, you're awake," a soft and light voice spoke. It came from a boy around her age, maybe a few months older than her. He had curly sand coloured hair and pale sandy skin, his full brown eyes watching her. His clothes, a white shirt and army coloured pants were wrinkle and dirty. He was also wearing a denim jacket, paired with leather boots. "I hope you're not hurt. They don't give us medical treatment here." The boy leaned back against the wall, staring at the soggy part of the ceiling.

Crimson's body was aching, and she felt like she couldn't move but she replied that she was fine without thinking. She slowly sat up, pain coursing through her with every movement. "Ouch," she hissed, gritting her teeth. "Where are we? I thought I was in Gregorax?" The boy stared at her funny, like she was dumb as a Firlits, little glowing circles in the air that let themselves be eaten. Luckily, they breed very quickly, so they never die out.

"We are on Gregorax," his voice cut off Crimson's line of thought. When she stared at him, a puzzled look on her face, he lifted an eyebrow. "Didn't you know? The Doom Clock is setting off soon, so the Equilibri are kidnapping others and using their energy to feed the forcefield they're making. They hope the force field will save their planet but they're dumb," his voice turned into a growl at the end, but he kept himself composed. "My planet was invaded and we were all captured. But, why are you here?"

Crimson felt her face flush red when he asked that question. She couldn't tell him she crashlanded here when she stole a spaceship! "I..... Also got captured?" she peeped, but the boy didn't buy it. She knew she was horrible at lying, so why did she try? "Fine. I stole a spaceship and went to Hyperspace. But then the engine died and I crash landed into your planet. But I don't know how I got into this cell. I blacked out before then."

The boy nodded, not replying to her. Crimson stared at him before realizing she didn't know his name. "My name is Crimson. Crimson Roth- and, what's yours? And do you think we can escape this dingy cell?" Crimson finally took some time to look around the place, other than the ceiling. It seemed the only light came from the lazers, which the boy advised not to touch.

"My names Jake Whallscon. And I've only been here for a bit, but I don't think anyone escapes. Then again, I think they're just scared to be put into the hands of the Intergalactic Security. We can go and try if you want to risk it. I don't really mind anyway, the few months here have been horrible, so being in another confined place won't be that different," he muttered.

Crimson grinned, her cream lips settling into its usual mischievous grin. Her body was still aching, but she reckoned a good few stretches would fix it into working condition. Besides, adrenaline was already flowing through her. "Well then, how'd you want to execute our escape?"