Epilogue - A Blink in Reverse

The IHSOC (pronounced hæ-suck)
Also known as the Intergalactic Headquarters of the Society in Combat...
Five years later

Crimson Roth. Everyone knew her name. A young woman known for her rebellious spirit and her sturdy leadership as the General of the IHSOC Recon Department. The heroine of the entire universe. Even the General herself couldn't keep track of all those titles whispered beyond the stars.

After getting a Debonair's Degree prior to leading the Recon Department after her last days in College; she became an Aviatrix, a champion Aviatrix. Even Chester Caspian, her Aviator idol, had lost in many Aviator tournaments against the young General. Some would say they were friendly rivals, others would say otherwise. Crimson Roth became a household name. She became a living, breathing legend.

She got her NYX rebuilt after being fetched back from the planet Gregorax. And the planet Gregorax itself? From a war-base to an outstanding tourist destination. After all, everyone wanted to hear about the amazing journey of the talented Aviatrix. Everyone did.

The Roth family themselves were quite successful as much as their prized Crimson. Her younger brother, Otis, became a specialized pre-time Alienologist and Planetarian, discovering new creatures and new planets around the galaxy during his pastimes and whenever he could. He was known for being extremely close to his older sister, saying, "All of these discoveries wouldn't be happening without her as my ideal inspiration to go on."

Mr. and Mrs. Roth were very rich themselves. They opened a new spaceship-engineering course for all ages. Not one kid in the universe didn't join the exciting program, educating young kids in the art of building pre-revolutionary technology and galactic vessels, with additional teachings of math and all sciences.

Life was fortunately lavish for the Roths.

Even General Roth could agree on that fact easily. But of course, the general herself had doubts to prioritize.

She viewed herself without a name shimmering in gold, fame and glory. Every single minute of every single day, the same thoughts would say the same things all over again: she was just another lucky woman in the universe. But the unspoken incident five years ago... That was another thing. The painful memory that kept playing with her life as if she were a puppet of some kind. It was sort of acting like her life's green-and-red light.

It was unspeakable for her. General Roth was haunted by the adventure. She was okay with flying her sleek spaceship on a daily basis without any slight tickle of fright and fighting against terrorizing armies all year-round, but the fact... The fact that someone sacrificed himself to save her life. He was the real reason General Roth lived to see another day to tell the dark story.

It was another boring Monday (all Mondays were boring. It was a universally agreed fact) and General Roth was in her stunning office, attending to the stacks of paperwork and (occasionally) some fan-letters from her adorers. Reply. Type. Sign. Reply. Type. Sign. Ditto. It was a continuous process in the life as a female General of the Recon Department. And she accepted that it would be her life from now on; until she retires, of course.

But she was still 21 and fresh as a fruit, approximately three decades until she decides to quit the job. Maybe. That's how Crimson planned her life after all.

As she worked her way through her forever-appearing administrativia, one of her favorite right-hand men walked in. A few months younger than the General was Orion Beckett, a skilled fighter-pilot in the Recon and a skilled poet in romantics. He was very dashing, with tidily combed black hair and a playful smirk similar to Crimson's. Very often, girls in the IHSOC would swoon over his looks and his charming disposition. Crimson slightly took a liking for him, not just because of his personality but because of his responsibility in the army-work and all.