Chapter 6 - Turbulence!

It had been around an hour after Otis set off from his home to the Space Ship Center. In his haste to cycle all the way there in the shortest amount of time, he had ignored all the wonderful view he would have stopped to stare at if it was any other day.

He didn't spare a glance at glowing golden leaves of the trees along the street speckled with snow and little creatures, which he would usually stare at for hours. The songs of buflees, little fluttering hearts, was ignored by the frantic brother as he kept moving. Even the lake he watched earlier wasn't spared a single thought as he biked through the flat silver road. He kept his eyes set in front of him, following the path to the Space Ship Center.

Adrenaline, fueled by the worry in his mind, pushed him forward. He wasn't getting tired, and he knew it wasn't because of the bike's superb engineering this time. Otis pedaled forward, making great progress in minutes. He saw people blur past, having a peaceful afternoon, most likely, not worrying about a sister trapped on a planet doing who knows what.

Otis knew his parents were probably already at the space ship center, for they could ride motors. The motors were like the motorcycles here on Earth but it could hover over the road, which made it speedier. It could also auto-ballance and change to suit the rider's tastes.

The ten year old boy leaped off the bike and sprinted towards the door and into the space ship station, usually called the S.S.C. He met up with his parents who were waiting for him. "I'm ready!" he chirped, the warm gaze of his parents already easing his worry.

His mother, Cordelia, had her luscious ginger hair tied up in a bun, letting her freckle free face shine. Arcturus gave a nod, patting his son on the head. "Don't forget you have to strap in, alright? I'll be driving fast," his father reminded, before heading into the S.S.C. His mother smiled warmly before following suit, with Otis trailing behind.

Three sets of footsteps echoed in the large room filled with ships. The floor was shiny, making the steps squeak loudly. Hundreds of space ships, all meticulously kept, were presented on stages. However, each space ship belonged to a family already. The trio ran towards the far back, where all the Roth's space ship were kept.

The Roth's were a pretty influential family, so they had acquired much wealth. At the far end of the S.S.C. was two dozen or so spaceships all belonging to the Roth. They were all in top conditions, but today the Hydrangea 3 was being used.

The Hydrangea 3, the ship they were riding, was a traveling ship. It was used to transport a small group of people from one place to another. Because of that, the spaceship was fast and durable, able to make long trips but not strong enough to take hits from enemy ships.

The space ship, slim and sleek, was a beauty. Most of it was made of Aliunimum, like Glittenium but lighter and less tough. The majority of the space ship was bare, letting the shiny silver coat show. Here and there, hydrangeas were painted in all sorts of colours, complete with the green leaves. The family didn't stop to stare, instead climbing onto the ship with ease.

•••

This was where Otis was now, sitting on a chair in the Hydrangea 3. Since the Hydrangea 3 was the latest model, there was a lot of things to look at and keep Crimson off of Otis's mind. He watched his father man the glowing display of controls expertly, keeping track of the ship's condition. His mother had gone to the kitchen side of the ship and was fixing them all a snack, for the road ahead might take a while.

Otis looked at the inner lining of the ship, painted to look like a circuit board. Lights hidden inside made the walls look like it was pulsing, the light darting from her to there before disappearing. The ceiling was a mural, painted to look like a Hyrter, which was a tree with hearts as leaves. But Otis still felt tingly with worry.