Chapter 8 Details

As the sound of Regina's voice blurted out her expecting announcement, reactions were all similar. The entire group widened their eyes at her sudden burst, and many townspeople turned to see Killian's reaction. 

Emma stood next to Regina on the stage, and they looked at Killian. His eyes were wide, and he looked at everyone and then up to Regina on the stage. 

From the back of the room, Killian walked up the center of the seats towards Regina with a smile on his face. 

Pushing himself with one hand up onto the stage, he walked over to her, and grasped her in his arm. She smiled, surprised, and relieved, and a million other emotions running through her body. 

"A baby?" He asked softly, forgetting that everyone was watching them. "Mhmm," she nodded. 

"Is that all?" Leroy interrupted the moment. 

Regina looked back as the group was smiling at her in congratulations. "Uhh, Emma can handle it from here," Regina said taking Killian's hand and tugging him off stage.

Outside

"I wanted to tell you, in a very different way than that," Regina sighed. "Well, I'm surprised, for sure," he revealed. 

"What about that potion?" He asked. "I guess, we.. are powerful?" She shrugged. "Mmm, I like to think my love making is," he grinned with a dance to his brows. 

She giggled at him, and he softly kisses her mouth. "You're happy then?" She asked.

"Of course I am, we made a baby, three hundred, I do think it's time I settled as they say," He gleamed. 

As with everything in Storybrooke, everyone knew everything about everyone at all times. 

With Regina and Killian both redeemed, the entire town was excited to welcome their future bundle of joy. 

Killian was excited, but also couldn't deny that he felt a little anxious and worried. 

By the time the six month of pregnancy rolled around, Regina had a cute rounded belly of their baby, and he felt rather helpless. 

"What's wrong?" Regina tapped his shoulder. "Nothing," he denied. "No no, I know you Captain, what's wrong?" She asked.

"Well..." he huffed. "I just feel like you're doing all the work here with the baby, and I don't know what to do with myself," he admitted.

"Well that's because the baby isn't here yet, they're still inside," Regina shrugged. "Right, I just..." he sighed.

"You're nervous," She confronted. "I am." He agreed. 

"When Bae landed on my ship, he was nearly fourteen, a young man, and Henry is over ten, I've never really handled a little baby," he said.

"Well I have, and we're in this together. Plus, they can already hear you in there, they already know who you are," Regina said. 

"Yeah?" He asked. "Here," She took a book from her desk drawer and handed it to him. 

"What to expect when you're expecting?" He read. "Mhmm, Mary Margaret gave it to me, it will explain everything going on right now with the baby, and what happens when they come," She said. 

"Ah, brilliant then, okay, I'll umm read up on them," he smiled. "Her," Regina revealed.

"What?" He quirked his brow.

"Yeah, umm in this world we can know what the baby is ahead of time, and it's a Her," Regina said. "I'm having a daughter?" He asked. "Mhmm," She affirmed. 

"So you know at this point the baby is twelve inches long and about two pounds?" Killian asked out loud. "Uhh I didn't know that, but sure," David shrugged. 

"Just, how did you prepare for Neal?" Killian asked. "Well, we were all a little busy battling the wicked witch, I only had a little time to prepare and I mainly didn't want to have happen to him what happened to Emma," David said.

"You have to just let your instincts take over, you're a Seaman, it's like that," David said. "Raising a baby is like sailing a ship?" Killian asked.

"Well sort of," David shrugged. "You'll find it more natural than you think, when they get here," David said. 

Killian was a fast reader and obtained a lot of information so he went through the What to Expect book fairly quickly. 

It eased a lot of his worried of technicalities regarding delivery and such. He knew in this world, unlike his 18th Century upbringing, that fathers would be allowed in the room as the baby arrived. 

Regina sidled up to the table at Granny's, his eyes instantly fell on her bump as she stood. "Hi, feeling better?" She asked as he charmingly helped her to sit. 

"I am," he kissed her softly and sat back down across from her. "Learned some things about our future little Princess in there, and I know once she gets here, I can take good care of her," He said. 

"Well good, I'm glad you feel better," Regina nodded. "What do we feel like? Or what are we not having an aversion to?" Granny came up to them.

"Umm, I could use a milk shake, this girl likes her sweets already," Regina sighed. "Hey Mom and Killian," Henry came up to them. 

"Hungry again?" Henry asked sitting down. "Yes, I'm always hungry," Regina sighed. "Well the little one needs her sustenance, just like her Father," Killian boasted.

"So are you moving in?" Henry asked. "Uhh," Killian looked at Regina. "I mean you want to be around for the baby I assume and you are soulmates," Henry hinted.

"Right, well I didn't want to pressure....." Regina said. "Well I'm practically there every night anyway," Killian shrugged. 

"And I don't want you to be alone with the little one," Killian said. "Just a thought, I'm getting cake," Henry said. "Before dinner?" Regina asked. "You're having a milkshake," Henry reminded.

"Lad has a point," Killian chuckled. 

"So what do you think? Us taking the plunge of my moving in?" He asked. "I think it's a good idea, I mean it's been far over six months, and you can be there to get up five times a night for this baby," Regina said. 

"That will hopefully come natural given all my time at sea, we never slept much," He said. "That will be handy for you," Regina said. 

Killian grasped her hand in his, "Could we really be getting a happy ending here?" 

"I think ... maybe," Regina breathed, "Oh..." she jolted and put her hand on her bump, "What?" He worried. "Feel, she's kicking," Regina placed his hand on her bump. 

As Killian felt his daughter kick, and the pair filled with joy, there were eyes on them. 

Around the corner in Granny's, stood a man, his face somewhat hidden as he looked at them with an angry vengeful gleam in his eyes. 

dun dun dun...