Chapter 9 Father

"So why don't you go to the ship, and get the rest of your things?" Regina suggested as they left Granny's.

"Sounds like a good plan," he grinned and gently kissed her, and their fingers parted in opposite directions.

Killian didn't have much he would need to bring to Regina's, just a sea chest of some of his important things of his past.

He smiled to himself, putting things into the sea chest, some jewels, and gold, shells, a fair few items.

Things were coming together and he would soon be a father.

However, the eyes watching him and Regina, wasn't going to allow him to meet his daughter.

As Killian headed above deck, the sun began to set. Placing the trunk down a moment to secure the ship, a sharp pain went off in his head.

As the perpetrator dragged him below deck, Henry noticed. Henry was coming on his own to help Killian retrieve his things and hoped he could take the cutlass his father used to use at his age.

Henry headed onto the deck quietly as the unknown man took Killian downstairs.

Ducking himself into a barrel on deck, Henry spotted the man come up the stairs once more.
He didn't recognize him at all, but he could indeed sail.

The man undid the ties of the ship and they began to sail away from the dock.

Not willing to leave Hook passed out like this, and presumably being kidnapped, Henry stayed, hoping he could help.

As the ship got away from the dock, a fair enough distance, the man secured the helm to stay still and he headed back below deck.

Henry quietly got out of the barrel and headed below deck.

Killian awoke in the Captain's quarters. "Bloody hell," he groaned and sat up, feeling his head.

Noticing his ship was away from the shore, he got up quickly and looked around, and spotted the man sitting in a chair blocking the door.

Not having his sword on his hip, Killian looked at the man, "who the hell are you?" He snapped, "and why are you kidnapping me on my own ship?"

"Oh I'll do worse than that," the accented voice said and he stared at him in the dim light.

Killian vaguely saw something familiar in this man. "Who are you?" He asked again.

"Well I'm someone who won't let you be a father, when you took mine away," he said.

Killian furrowed his brows and thought a moment.

"You killed my father," the man repeated. "You said that, who are you?" Killian clenched.
"Let me rephrase, you killed OUR father," the man said.

Suddenly, the familiarity was clear.

Before the curse, Killian had indeed killed his own father. His father had tucked in a third son, named after his first, Liam.

Thinking back to the moment Killian learned his father named his third child after his older brother, and how it angered him instantly. His father uttering the words to Liam 2, that he did to Killian as a boy made him snap back then.

"So you've come to kill me," Killian said. "Yes, I figured a burial at sea was the best," Liam said.

Killian subtly nodded.

"I'm a changed man, I won't fight you brother," Killian said. "Well that doesn't make it as much fun, but I'll take it," Liam got up from the chair.

Meanwhile

Regina poked her head out the curtains once more. It was past nine pm. Killian had headed to his ship at six, it couldn't possibly take this long.

She placed her hand on her bump, and felt worry overcome her, something wasn't right. He wasn't answering his cell either.

Emma showed up, "Hey Henry here?" Emma asked. "What?" Regina gaped, instantly she knew her feeling was right, "something is wrong," she affirmed, and the women headed to the ship, calling for backup.

Liam waved a blade at Killian, "why should YOU get to be a father after you killed mine and left me to be an orphan?" He snapped.

"I don't know," Killian shook his head.

Killian saw himself in this younger Liam. The anger, the revenge, in his eyes. The same look faced Killian in the mirror for centuries.

Liam snapped and punched his brother in the face, and pushed him against the wall. "Fight me!" Liam yelled, as Killian passively held back from hitting him.

"Ahh!" Liam grunted and threw Killian to the ground, on his back.

Getting the blade back up and holding it towards Killian's throat. Killian blinked and looked at him.

"You can be better than me," Killian grunted under him, still not actively fighting him off.

Suddenly, something clanged Liam, and he fell passed out cold off of Killian.
Killian blinked to see Henry over him. "Hi," he smiled.

"Uhh, Hi lad," Killian got to his feet, and sighed. "Why didn't you make yourself known?" Killian asked, taking the blade off the floor away from Liam.

"Well figured I could just rescue you since you didn't want to fight back," Henry said.

"Well Thanks," Killian pat his shoulder proudly.

Killian turned the ship back towards the docks, as he left his brother unconscious below.
"So it's true? What he said?" Henry asked.

"It is lad," Killian admitted. "Well just because you did that back then, doesn't mean you don't deserve a second chance," Henry smiled up at him.

"Well thanks," Killian smiled back, knowing Henry didn't just mean the baby coming.

Getting to the shore, a group was there waiting for them.
"Henry! Killian!" Regina couldn't rush as fast as usual with her rounded belly in the way.

"I'm alright," Killian hugged her, as she gently touched the cut on his brow. "Henry Umm, showed up at the right time," Killian praised.

As the ship was secured, bubbles erupted from next to it, "What is that?" Emma asked.

"Uhh that's alright believe it or not, it's the nautilus," Killian smiled, and as the top of the submarine opened, "Captain Nemo," he smiled.

"He's here isn't he?" Nemo asked with a nod, "indeed," Killian confirmed.

"You're the Captain Nemo?" Henry asked. "I am lad, yours?" Nemo asked looking towards Killian.

"Uhh sort of," Henry answered for him, with a smile.