♤Fire

~Danny Phantom x Gravity Falls~

Fireworks

"It's not really flying- it's more..." I waved my hands in the air trying to explain, "Like gravity doesn't apply to me-at all-and I'm just up or down or going really fast. It's a power but one that it's just really really natural, I only have to focus to get to my top speeds."

Dipper scribbled down some notes that he would go over, refine, and organize later, "That's why you're always floating as a ghost? So then do you have to focus to be on the ground?"

I grabbed my feet where they were criss-crossed in front of me, "Err, kinda. It's like I think 'be less weightless' and I can walk on the ground and stuff. Ecto-energy just kinda floats. I'm not really sure how to explain it without having to explain the chemistry of ectoplasm and the physics of matter from the Ghost Zone here or vice versa." Looking across the table to Dipper I made a ball of ecto-goo and covered it in a small layer of ice, "Remember how I told you ectoplasm reacts to emotions and thoughts? Does this look like it will be light? Or heavy?"

The thirteen year old tilted his hand back and forth, "Ehh, like the same weight as a water pitcher."

He fumbled with the cold ball when I tossed it at him. The ball was as lighter as a feather, "Now, think it's as heavy as... a bowling ball."

"What?"

Rolling my eyes I floated closer to his chair, my legs still crossed, "Here I'll help." I poked the side of the ball and I thought 'the ball is as heavy as Stan.'

"Ah!" Dipper shouted as the softly glowing ice-ball yanked him to the floor where he crashed.

Smirking I stood and offered him my hand, "Sorry, hehe, it might help speaking out loud when you first start out. That's how I learned, I used to say 'going ghost!' because it helped me focus on transforming."

Dipper glared at me before he bent back down to grab the ecto-ice ball, "Okay. Ugh, this ball is as light as a feather?" He said it more as a question. "Whoa!" Dipper flung the ball into the air expecting it to still be heavy.

I knew what was going to happen the moment it was in the air and covered my ears. The frost covering the ecto-goo shattered against the ceiling before the charged goo shot off in tiny droplets splattering the room and exploding like powerful fire crackers. The crackling sound of gunfire went off with each explosion.

Slowly I uncovered my ears and blinked open my eyes. As I looked around the room, it felt like a brick had dropped into my stomach, weighing me down with absolute dread. There were little scorch marks everywhere. Where the ball first shattered there was a slight dent with my ice shards stuck into it, below it was the rest of the broken frost pieces.

"Well, at least we don't have to clean up the goo."

Dipper paled and his eyes darted around the room, "Oh sh-"

"You kids better not have set off fireworks in the house again!"

I focused on the ice shards and turned them back into energy before reabsorbing them, at least that's one thing dealt with. Meanwhile Dipper started pacing the room, "Last time we made a mess like this we were stuck advertising for the Shack on the side of the highway for the weekend!"

ooOooOooOooOooOooOooOoo
Wrote this years ago as an idea for a part in a multi-chapter crossover as a bonding moment after Dipper stops being suspicious about Danny. So I'll put it here as a short one-shot.

Fire by The Struts