2

I push my dark green and *(n/h/c) behind my ear as I took another bite of my sandwich. The small booth for two was old and sweet. Many memories probably serve this one. Couples initials were engraved to the dark oak table.

I looked out the window and saw very few things. Some children running around. A lot of old people. And my house. My very first house. The house that stood by its self.

I finished up my lunch and left a $6 tip. The waitress looked like she needed it. She had tired eyes and she look exhausted. I made my way out and unlocked my car. I got in and sat for awhile.

"Maybe those "ghosts" were a little hallucination? My mind playing tricks on me. Yeah, that has to be it." I put the keys in the ignition and turned them, causing my car to come to life.

••••

I slammed the door shut and ran all the way to the attic and screamed when I saw the two ghosts talking to each other. They both jump. "It was all real... I-I thought I was dreaming!" I apologise.

"Oh, you're fine darling. By the way, what's your name?" Barbara kindly asked.

"(Yn). (Yn) (Ln)."

"It's pretty, anyways we have a meeting and we'll probably be gone for a while."

I nodded to Adam.

"You don't have to tell me where you're going. It's none of my business." I smiled at them. And they waved. Adam knocked three times on a chalk drawing of a door and it opened.

The light was a pale and darkish green color and smoke poured into the room. And they were gone. I looked around the dark attic some more.

"It's too dark. Where's the light switch?" I felt around the corners of the room and found two switches. I clicked one and the lights to the tiny model lit up. "Aha!" I said as a dim light flooded the room.

"Pssssp!"

I turned around.

"Psssssssssp!!"

'What the fuck is that noise?' I thought to myself .

"C'mere. The cemetery!" My heart stopped. We're Adam and Barbara playing a prank on me? I walked over the the replica cemetery and looked over it.

There stood a man in a striped suit, green hair that went everywhere, and dark black circles around his eyes. My eyes went wide as he waved me to get closer to him. I moved a tiny bit closer.

"Hey, can you do me a favor?" The man asked

"Uhm, sure?"

"Okay, great! I need out of here. It's so boring, so lonely. All you have to do issssssss, say my name three times! Aaaaand go!"

"Beetlejuice, is that it?"

"Yes sweetface, two more times!" He jumped off of the tombstone and looked at me with pleading eyes.

"Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice." I finished and stepped back.

Beetlejuice grew. He was about six foot and towered over me. He gave me a wide smile as he patted my head.  His hand trailed down to my shoulder and started to play with my overalls strap.

"Wowza doll, well I uh... I needa place ta stay, you see? Maybe I can crash here? I mean I've been here since the 80's and you can't really kick me out of the house?"

"Yeah, yeah. Just get your filthy fucking hand off of me. I don't know where it's been.."

He stepped back and gave me a sexual growl which was sorta hot but disgusting at the same time.

"Oh babes, it's been to many, many places. Maybe a place you'll see in the near future!" He winked at me and caressed my shoulder.

"BE-"

"AH, watch the name will ya? Just call me Beeje. Thanks," He patted my back and made his way the the stairwell. "I am so fucking hungry. Can I have you for dinner tonight?" He asked and drooled a bit.

"BEETLE-"

"I'M SORRY, LET ME LIIIIIIVE PLEASE!" He exclaimed and slammed the attic door on his way out.

What am I getting myself into???