True

(Y/n's POV)

The day starts out as usual. Today was Friday, so no school tomorrow. As i'm about to leave my room, there's a knock at my door.

I open it, only to be greeted by Awase.

"Hey, um, good morning, (Y/n)!"

"Good morning, Awase." I say.

"So, uh, I was just wondering if you could meet me on the roof right after school today?" He asks. I notice his face turning pink and his voice getting slightly higher.

"Okay. Uh, what for?"

"I just-uhhh, I just wanted to talk." He says, adjusting his headband.

"Um, okay, but why cant we do that now? Or at school, at lunch...?"

"Well, I uh, I wanted it to be...private." Awase replies, almost whispering that last part.

"Oh, sure then, yeah."

"Great!" He smiles and gives me a thumbs-up before heading to the common area.

He seems cheerful today. He must be happy about something. I wonder what he wants to talk about. Whatever it is, it must be important if he wants to talk privately.

Awase doesn't mention it the entire school day. We had a written test that took the entire class time to finish. It was dreadful watching the time slowly pass. It was a minimum day so we didn't get lunch. We usually just ate after school.

After about six long hours, the bell dismisses us. Awase had already left the classroom, but I was stopped by Kendo who invited me to eat lunch with them at a fast food restaurant. I kindly declined, stating I had to be somewhere else.

I quickly walk over to the dorms, back up the hall and into that closet with the ladder. Awase was already standing up there, with his hands behind his back.

"Hey." He greets.

"Hi. So, what did you want to talk about?" I ask

"I wanted to talk to you...because I have a problem." He says.

"A problem? What's wrong, are you okay?"

"Yeah, yeah, i'm okay. It's just my problem is...I like this girl, but I dont know how to tell her."

A girl? Why would he talk to me about girl problems? I try to help him anyway.

"Well, what's she like?" I ask.

"Hmm. She's...amazing. She cares about me, she's smart, beautiful, she can make me laugh, she is just...everything I could ask for."

I keep a smile on my face, even though I feel my heart sink as he says this.

"Then, show her you care about her just as much. Maybe show her a nice gesture." I tell him.

"Like this?" He pulls out a pink rose from behind his back.

"Yeah, actually, that's perfect."

Awase smiles. He holds it out to me.

"Y-you're giving this to me?"

He nods.

"You said show her I care." He says, his face tinted red.

He was talking about me that whole time?! Am I dreaming? Is this real?

I accept the rose and smile. I can feel my face heating up and my chest pounding.

He takes my hand, which surprises me.

"I honestly...think i'm in love...with you." He laughs softly.

My heart beats rapidly. I squeeze his hand.

"Awase, I think I love you too..." I admit.

"mm? Really?" He asks with his eyes wide and jaw dropped.

I nod.

Awase gasps.

"Then, will you...be my girlfriend..?" He quickly says.

I try to stay as calm as possible, even though my head feels like it's about to explode.

"Y-yeah! I'd love to." Right after I say this, he pulls me into a tight hug.  I could feel his heart beating just as fast as mine.

"(Y/n) (L/n): My girlfriend. Wow that's got a nice ring to it, doesn't it?" He laughs.

I smile. "It does. It sure does, Yosetsu Awase, my boyfriend." He blushes.

He takes both of my hands and looks me right in the eyes. "I'm truly glad. Glad that I get to call you mine."