The Forgotten Sister

*Here she is folks! The final sister in our robot trifecta! What secrets does she hide? What will she do to the story? And what past does she have with Penny and Megara? All will be revealed now!*

"Going home for the holidays?"

The woman looked up from her screen to see the smiling face of her boss. Her long dark brown hair cascaded down her back while she adjusted the glasses on her face. She wore a white long sleeved blouse and brown coat. Her skirt was pressed without a single crisp. Her heeled shoes were pressing hard against the floor. Her long nails typed the last sentence on her report before replying to her boss.

"Sir, while I have no interest in my family whatsoever, I am obliged to go and spend quality time with them. So yes, I am ecstatic to go and see them." She said in her usually stoic voice.

Her boss' smile dwindled a bit. "Aren't you happy to see them? How long has it been since you've last seen them?"

"It's been quite a long time sir." She picked up the framed photo of her and her sisters from when they were little. Penelope was on her back, a grin as big as the hat she wore. Megara was small back then, hanging on her arm like a monkey. Then there was her, the eldest sibling, protecting her sisters from the harsh world. Propping herself with her elbow, she pressed her finger on the frame.

"What can I say? We each desired different paths, different choices in life." She got up from her chair, making a delicate scraping noise on the ground. "Thanks for the chat, but I must be going. I have important business to attend to at home."

"Dr. Drake, will you ever forgive them for what they did?" Her boss asked, already knowing the answer for that question.

Her eyes burned like the fury of a thousand red hot suns. "No, but that doesn't mean I won't go and resolve this issue."

"What does this box have to do with anything?"

The bots and cons were all in the tree-house in the backyard, the black and blue box in the middle of their circle. Blue and red optics alike peered at the mysterious box, wondering when it would open up again.

"One thing for sure," Bulkhead tapped the box. "It's got something to do with Penny."

"Why do you assume that?" Starscream asked the wrecker with a scowl on his face-plate. "Anything could set this box off! We have no evidence towards it pointing at Penny!"

"Why your claim is highly illogical, it does have some weight to it." Shockwave piped up, looking up from his notepad. "The box did react and send me and the Vehicons over."

Arcee looked at the corner where the Vehicon trio were playing with Bee and Smokescreen. "Yeah, and that was after Megara walked in the house."

"I believe..." Ratchet rubbed his chin. "That the Drakes have something to do with this box!"

"Yes, but what? Penny found us inside the box and then it goes off for Megara. There has to be a connection!" Dreadwing pondered aloud.

Soundwave looked up from his tablet and shrugged. Even he had a hard time trying to figure out the connection. Nothing quite added up in this family.

Optimus and Megatron remained quiet, not wanting to be part of the conversation. The Decepticon warlord was toiling through his thoughts, Penny filling most of them. He was worried that if they found a way to get back, they would leave her behind. If they did, he wouldn't hesitate to take her along. She was nothing but kind and gentle towards him, filling his spark with love. He closed his optics and smiled. Truly she was one of the reasons why he wished to stay here and not return to the war.