Chapter 6

Ten years has passed since then. During that time, Lyra has been training how to fight. Zelda only taught her the basics, but she skyrocketed from there and started teaching herself.

Zelda always had a strong feeling whenever Lyra would first pick up a sword, she would fight just like Link. And it shows.

Lyra was at the training grounds, sparring with one of the knights. They swung their swords at one another, encountering each attack.

Eventually, Lyra managed to knock the knight down, pointing the end of her blade at them. She put the sword away at her side, lending a hand to the knight.

The knight took Lyra's hand as he got back up on his feet. "You fight just like the king, your highness."

Lyra gave the knight a smile. "You think so?"

"Yes. I have sparred with your father several times, and your fighting style is very similar to his." Lyra's smile turned bittersweet in response.

Lyra entered the castle, seeing a group of knights running her way. "Princess Lyra!"

Stopping where she stood, Lyra looked at them confused. "What is it?"

"It's the queen! She has urgent news!"

"Urgent news?" Her mother had never sent this kind of message to her before. "Alright. Thank you for passing on the message. I'll be right there."

Shortly after, Lyra arrived where Zelda was. Slowly opening the door, she only saw her mother's back. "I'm here."

Zelda turned around, giving her daughter a small smile. "Lyra, I might have discovered where your father might be."

Lyra's eyes widen. "Really?! Where?!"

"The prince of Zora's Domain contacted me recently, and he claims that he saw a giant black hole in the sky over towards Akkala."

"All the way over there?! It'll take hours to get there!"

"I'm aware of that, so that's why I'm gathering up the knights so they could head their way over there right now."

"Mother. Can I go there too?"

Zelda's eyes widen. "But... It's much too dangerous for you."

"I know it's dangerous, but I want to save my father too. That's why I've been training so hard for these last ten years. I feel like I'm ready to finally test my abilities and-"

"Absolutely not, young lady!"

Lyra couldn't believe her mother was denying her. "But mother! I've planned this when I was six years old! I want to help save father no matter what!"

"I know you do, Lyra. But I can't let you go with them. You don't know what you will be going up against."

"You're right. I don't. But honestly, nobody ever knows what they're ever going up against. I'll be fine. If you'll just let me-"

"I said no, Lyra! I won't have you risking your life!"

"But why?! It's to save father!"

"Your father wouldn't want you to risk your life either! He has lost so many people in his life... He wouldn't want to lose you either! So please..."

Lyra understood that her mother was terrified for her, but she still wasn't going to step down. "I know you're scared, but... I'm still going to go no matter what."

"Lyra!"

"I'm sorry, mother." With those parting words, Lyra exited the room, leaving Zelda with a worried expression.