Chapter 18

The tall mysterious person who was there before them was stepping out of the shadows. The light was going up from their feet, slowly towards their head.

Midna's eyes widen at the sight. "You! I thought Link finished you off!"

Lyra looked really confused as she turned to Midna. "Who is that?"

Midna glared daggers at the person before them. "Zant, the Usurper King."

The person called Zant was just standing there quietly. He was wearing some weird mask that covered his entire face. "It's good to see again, Midna."

"Unpleasant to see you, Zant! Why are you here?!"

Zant paused for a moment. "To follow the orders of my lord."

"Your lord?! Who are you talking about?!"

Zant raised a hand, looking like he was about to summon a power of his. "You will know soon enough." A dark aura was coming out of his hands as he shot it towards Midna.

Hayate went in front of Midna, encountered it with his sword. "Oh no you don't."

"Out of my way, Hylian."

"Not a chance."

"Then die." Zant started spinning violently towards Hayate and Midna.

Lyra couldn't stand to see this as she rushed towards them, taking out the Master Sword. "I won't let you hurt them!"

Link saw a mysterious figure rushing towards his daughter. "Lyra! Watch out!"

Lyra stopped in place, seeing a shadow figure in the air about to strike her down. She didn't expect this as her mind was trying to process what was happening. She felt someone grab her in their arms, both rolling on the floor.

Lyra slowly got up, seeing that Link had protected her. "Father!"

Link slowly stood up, grimacing in pain. "I'm fine. Are you hurt anywhere?"

"No, but you shouldn't be moving! You could collapse!"

"But I have to protect you!"

Lyra grunted at her father's words. Putting on her strong face, she shook her head. "No. I should be the one protecting you! You can't fight in this state! You need to step back!"

"Lyra-"

"Please, father! I just found you! I don't want to lose you! So please don't fight..."

Link's eyes wavered at his daughter's words. Letting out a sigh, he nodded once. "Fine. But please be careful."

"I will. I will protect you no matter what!" Lyra turned towards the person who almost got her. Her eyes widened, seeing that it was the shadow version of Link.

Even if he was the evil version of her father, Lyra wouldn't let it faze her. She knew her real father was right there behind her. She charged towards the enemy with the Master Sword, clashing blades with Dark Link.

Zant, who was fighting Hayate spoke up. "I wouldn't hurt him too badly if I were you, little girl."

Lyra was encountering an attack from Dark Link. "And why not?!"

"Think about it. When you asked where's the Link in this time? What other answer is there?"

Right there and then, Lyra realized what Zant meant. "You... You possessed him?"

Zant let out a low chuckle. "Why yes. My lord ordered me to do it."

"Who is this lord?!"