Chapter 20

Going back 16 years when Lyra was first born, the giant hand pulled Link more into the giant black hole in the sky. He was struggling to get out, but it was no use.

The giant hole disappeared behind him. The once bright scenery was now covered in darkness. It looked like home, but it wasn't exactly home. "What is this place..?"

The giant hand was leading him towards the castle covered in twilight. Lowering Link to the ground, the hand dropped him near the castle entrance.

Rubbing his head in pain, the giant castle doors opened on their own. It seemed like he was being expected but by who?

Peeking his head in the castle, Link took his first step inside. "Hello..? Is anyone here?"

All of a sudden, the giant doors closed on their own, making Link jump a little. He slowly turned around, confirming that the doors are closed. It wasn't just his imagination. "My lord has been expecting you, Link."

Link grunted as he turned to the voice. The mysterious person stepped out from the shadows. It was a tall, strange person who had a mask covering his entire face. Link arched an eyebrow. "Who are you?"

"Funny. I thought you would know me, but I guess those memories are long gone from you. My name is Zant."

"Zant..?" Link looked really confused by the name. "Nope. It doesn't ring a bell."

Link couldn't tell what kind of expression Zant was making due to his mask. "I see. Please follow me. My lord wishes to speak with you."

Red flags were raising in Link's head. "Now just hold on a minute! Where am I?! What is this place?! And who is this lord of yours?!"

Zant slightly tilted his body to the side. "You're in the Twilight Realm. Doesn't that sound familiar?"

"Twilight Realm..?" Link was thinking to himself until he felt his head pounding, his ears ringing. Holding his head in pain, he groaned in agony as he fell to his knees. "What's happening to me?!"

A low chuckle made him snap out of it. Link looked up, seeing no one in sight. Even Zant disappeared from sight. "Where did that weird guy go?"

"Don't worry about him, Hylian Champion."

Link kept his guard up. The owner of the voice was hidden. He couldn't tell where he was at. "Who are you?!"

"Do you truly not recognize the sound of my voice?"

"Uh... No. Not really."

The owner of the ominous voice let out another low chuckle. "I guess I can't blame you. It has been over 100 years."

Link heard footsteps walking close to him. He could hear his own heart pounding in his ears. He could see the feet of this person as the dimmed light slowly revealed him.

Not believing his eyes, Link grunted with the most shocked expression. "How?! I thought Zelda and I finished you off?!"

This person was none other than Ganondorf. He stopped at least ten feet away from Link. "She only managed to destroy my Calamity form. But she did not destroy me entirely."

Link's shocked expression turned into anger. "Then I'll just have to kill you myself!" He tried to pull out his Master Sword, but he felt nothing. He tapped his back and both of his sides. His heart dropped.

Ganondorf let out an evil laugh. "What's the matter? Did you drop the Master Sword? How will you kill me without a weapon?"

Link clicked his tongue, feeling at a loss. "Damn it..." He clenched his hands into fists. "What do you want from me?! Why did you bring me here?!"

"You always keep getting in my way whenever I try to conquer Hyrule. And now that I have you right where I want you, I can do as I please!"

"And how will you do that? Didn't you lose the Triforce of Power?" Ganondorf's face dropped, making Link smirk. "Thought so. How will you conquer Hyrule without power?"

Ganondorf glared daggers at Link. "Once I find it, I will use it to my heart's desire. But I will keep you here so you won't get in my way again."

Link glared back. "Take me back to my home! Zelda needs me!"

"Oh? She needs you? For what might I ask?"

Link felt himself shaking from anger. His blood was starting to boil. "She needs me to be there for her... I want our child to grow up with both parents..."

Ganondorf smirked at his answer. "Isn't that sweet? You and Zelda have a child now."

"Yeah. Now can you let me go home to my wife and child?"

"That heartfelt story won't make me let you go that easily."

Link's blood started to boil even more. "You can't do this! They need me! Are you that heartless, Ganondorf?!"

Ganondorf chuckled in a menacing manner. "Power matters to me the most. Once I obtain the Triforce of Power, I won't let you stop me this time." With a snap of his fingers, he turned his back on Link while walking away. "Take him to the dungeon."

"Ganondorf!" Link exclaimed, trying to catch up to him. He felt something hit his head hard as his world turned black for a second. Falling to the floor, his vision was blurry as he saw Ganondorf walking further and further away from him.

Reaching out his hand towards Ganondorf, his body grew limp as he was slowly losing consciousness.

Since that time, Link was locked up in the bottom of the castle in solitude. There was no one there but him. Every now and then, Zant would come down and bring him food, claiming that his lord would rather not kill him in this way. But in another way when the time was right.

It felt like years since Link has been locked up. He wanted to escape. But there was no way to do that without weapons. There wasn't anything in the cell that could even help him.

A sigh escaped his lips as he looked to the ground hopelessly. Link never felt so depressed in his life. He would rather be with his family. Being with his wife to watch his little daughter grow each day. He was so angry that he will miss her growing up. There was no way anyone would ever suspect that he was trapped here. It would be a long while.

Negative thoughts ran through Link's head, thinking no one will ever find him, and he would die alone in this abandoned cell. For the first time in Link's life, he wept tears of sadness.