ch 10

He drove up and he parked the car. I got out and crutched to the door. He opened the door and in I went in. Jasmine, Chris, and Jake were there when I came in.

"Katie girl what happened to you?" Jasmine asked as she looked from the cast to the stitches in my forehead.

"On Saturday I was on my way here to practice when I got hit by a car." I got so used to telling the story. 

"Are you ok? Are you still going to be able to perform?" Chris questioned me while Jake went to get me a chair to sit in.

"I feel fine to perform but its really up to you. The only problem I would have is with the crutches." Jake got back with the chair and I sat down as we finished discussing my performance.

"We could always have a chair for you on stage and some how make it work into the song. What song were you planning to sing?" Chris asked.

"I was going to sing the Lonely by Christian perri."

"Ok but you do know that shows tonight?" Jake jumped in saying.

"Yea and am ready I know this song. I will practice from now till we start please I made it so far I can't give up now. This is everything I worked for please." The three of them looked at each other and Jasmine said.

"You practice and before the show you preform for us and we will decide from there." I got up and crutched to the stage. They put 3 chairs out there and I started my practice.

2 hours passed of me practicing and the judges came back. I sat in the middle chair and the music started. "2 am where do I begin crying off my face again." I finished and Jake spoke first.

"Katie that was amazing I think your ready." Jasmine and Chris agreed and left. I practice a couple more time before going back stage with harry. 

The show was starting and I was third to sing. There was Butterflies in my stomach. I was super nervous. Dani finished and my chairs were put on stage. 

"Up next singing the lonely here's katie fellows." The host said. I crutched on to the stage and sat on the chair. The light came on me and the music started. You know this song just relax its like any other week. The words came out and that's was it the nerves left. I picked up the crutches and went around the stage. It wasn't what I had planned but I was in the zone nothing could stop me now. The song finished and the judges stood along with the audience. The cheering continued. When they finished they gave there comments and the host was next to me.

"So katie am sure everyone is wondering what happened to you?" 

"While Saturday I was leaving my house to come here for practice and I was standing in front of my car when this guy comes speeding around the corner and his car rammed right into me. It was lucky for me that I was on the phone when it happened."

"So how bad is it really?"

"Well its not really the bad I broke my leg and I have stitches and bruises but nothing really to bad."

"Ok well of you thought Katies performance was smashing vote for her to stay in the competition at the end of the show. Well thank you Katie and get well soon." I got of stage and harry hugged me and he drove me home. That night was a Thursday and I decided that I wasn't going to school tomorrow just to take one more day of rest. My mom didn't complain and I went to sleep.