Abomination

I half carried Scott in the back door of the veterinarian clinic because he was having trouble walking on his own due to the pain inflicted when Derek had scratched him. I bit my lower lip in worry as my twin brother groaned in pain when I shifted his weight so that I could open the door and then I gently as I could lead him into the examination room. I ignored the guilt that was forming in the pit of my stomach because I hadn’t done anything to help my brother when he needed me.

“Why aren't you healing?” Scott asked himself as he gingerly lifted his t-shirt so that we could both see the fresh scratched wound on his lower abdomen.

“Because it's from an Alpha.” I heard a familiar masculine voice say from the other side of the room so I looked up to see Dr Alan Deaton standing calmly next to the steel examination table. I frowned in concern when my attention was drawn more to the table and I saw that it was a human body that was lying there. I glanced up at Scott’s shocked and horrified expression as he took in the appearance of the body. “I think maybe we better have that talk now.”

“What’s going on?” I asked my mentor as I lead Scott of to the side of the room as far away from the body as I could get.

“They're coming back, so we don't have much time to talk.” Deaton told us as I stopped near the supply closet and motioned for Scott to stay before opening the cabinet door.

“Hunters?” I asked him as I grabbed the bottle that I was looking for and some cotton buds so that I could clean Scott’s wound.

“Yes.” He answered me as he moved over to my side so that he could observe my work as though it was a normal lesson for us but I could detect the slight panic in his tone.

“What is that?” Scott asked me as I applied the clear liquid on to the cotton bud and then carefully started cleaning the wound as I ignored my brother wince at the stinging pain.

“Rubbing alcohol. You don't want it to get infected, do you?” I responded calmly to him even though I was freaking out on the inside but I knew that Scott would freak out enough for the both of us so I had to be the strong one.

“You will heal the same, just not as quickly, because of Derek.” Deaton informed my brother as I finished cleaning the wound before throwing out the cotton and grabbing a bandage covering that we normally used on stitches.

“Okay, how do you know all this? Actually, how - How do you know anything?” Scott asked him in frustration as I stepped back and let his shirt drop down to cover his stomach.

“It's a longer story. What I can tell you, is that I know about your kind. Your kind? I can help. This.” He stated sombrely as he looked over at the dead body on the slab making Scott and I follow his gaze to see the jagged, deep scratch wounds that were ripped into the victim’s skin. “This is something different.”

“Well, do you know what did it?” I asked him as I slowly moved closer to the body on the table as though I was being entranced.

“No. But the Argents will. And this is the crucial part, they'll have a record or book. It'll have descriptions, histories, notations, of all the things that they've discovered.” Deaton said to the both of us but I could only hear him vaguely in the background of my mind as I slowly reached out until my hand was directly over the top of the harsh red lines.