Restraint

I leaned my back against the wall behind me as I crossed my arms over my chest and glowered at my brother and Stiles where they sat behind the table in the middle of the room.

Mom placed her arm around my shoulder and squeezed me to her side as I wrapped my arm around her waist. I knew that she was just as upset as I was at the moment and I wanted to give her some kind of comfort.

"You will not go within 50 feet of Jackson Whittemore. You will not speak to him. You will not approach him. You will not assault or harass him physically or psychologically." Sheriff Stilinski recited off the restraining order in front of him sternly as he glared at Scott and Stiles from the other side of the table and I scoffed slightly to myself as I turned away from them. I couldn't believe that those two idiots had actually kidnapped Jackson and held him hostage in a stolen police transport van.

"What about school?" Stiles asked his father curiously as he placed his elbows on the table on in front of him and John rolled his eyes subtly at his son.

"You can attend classes while attempting to maintain a 50 - foot distance."

"Bu - okay, what if we both have to use the bathroom at the same time and there are only two stalls available and they're only right next to each other?" he asked seriously as he frowned and I pressed my lips together to stop from screaming profanities at his idiocy. Everyone glared at him heatedly and he shrunk back into his seat. "I'll just hold it."

"Get out of here!" John snapped at him as he slammed the clipboard in his hand down on the table and Stiles quickly scrambled out of his seat. Scott stood up as well before looking over at mom and I with an ashamed expression on his face.

Mom narrowed her eyes at him as she let go of my shoulders and I pushed myself off of the wall with my foot. Scott opened his mouth to say something to us but we both just shook our heads at him and he snapped his mouth close before walking out the door.

Mom and I followed after him silently as I bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from saying anything and we walked out into the hallway of the police station.

"Move!" mom ordered loudly as she gently pushed on Scott's back and he turned around to face us in the middle of the hallway. I crossed my arms over my chest as I glared at him and mom sighed sadly as she looked at him with disappointment all over her face. "It's not just this. Although, a restraining order is a new low that I didn't think that you would reach quite this soon. It's everything on top of it. The completely bizarre behaviour, the late nights coming home, having to beg Mr. Harris for you to make up that chemistry test that you missed."

"I missed a chemistry test?" Scott asked dumbfounded as he frowned at her and I scoffed in disbelief as mom's eyes widened.

"Really, Scott? Really? I have to ground you. I am grounding you. You are grounded."

"What about work?"

"Fine - Other than work. And no TV."

"My TV's broken."

"Then no computer."

"I need the computer for school."

"Then no, uh - no Stiles." mom said smugly as she looked over her shoulder at the skinny boy standing by the door watching us and I quirked an eyebrow at her.

"What - no Stiles?" Stiles asked in shock as he rushed forward to stand right behind her and Scott stared at our mother in completely speechlessness.

"No Stiles!" she declared loudly as Stiles jumped back at the volume and I had to smile at the flabbergasted expressions on both of the boys faces. "And no more car privileges. Give me your keys. Give 'em to me!" she said as she held out her hand for Scott's keys and he slowly reached into his pocket for his keychain before handing them to her. I watched as she gave a slightly nod to him before trying to get the car key off of the key ring and stepped closer when she struggled. "Oh, for the love of God."