Fury

Apparently, after I left Lydia's birthday party that night Scott and Stiles discovered that Matt Daehler was the one controlling the kanima. Scott and Stiles were standing with John by the desk with the yearbook out trying to convince the ex-sheriff that Matt was the one killing the 2006 swim team.

"So this kid's the real killer?" John asked doubtfully as he looked at the picture of Matt that Stiles had circled in red marker and I sighed slightly because I knew that it was going to take a while to convince him.

"Yeah." Stiles replied simply as I stood up from the bed and made my way over to stand next to my brother so that I could see the yearbook on the desk.

"No."

"Yes!"

"No."

"Dad, come on. Everybody knows that the police look for ways to connect victims in a murder, okay? So all he had to do is, like, look through their transcripts and figure out which class they all had in common." Stiles said as though it was obvious as he spread his hands out in front of him and I leaned my hip against the side of the desk as I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Yeah, except for the fact that the rave promoter Kara wasn't in Harris's class." John pointed out to him with a raised eyebrow and Stiles sighed heavily as he looked over his shoulder at Scott before turning back to his father.

"All right, okay, you're right, sorry. Then I guess they dropped the charges against him?" he asked knowingly as he looked at John expectantly and John stared at him for a second as he tried to find some way to argue with his son.

"No, you know what? They're not dropping the charges. But that doesn't prove anything." He said sternly as he pointed a finger at the boy in front of him and Stiles opened his mouth to say something but quickly snapped it shut as he shook his head in exasperation. "Sophie, Scott, do you believe this?"

"I don't know. I do believe that someone was targeting the 2006 swim team and I don't believe it was Harris." I told him firmly as I twirled one of my pigtails around my finger nervously and Stiles gestured to me frantically as though I was proving his point.

"It's really hard to explain how we know this, but you just gotta trust us. We know it's Matt." Scott insisted as he stepped forward to stand next to me and John raised his eyebrows in disbelief as he looked between all three of us.

"Yeah, he took Harris's car, okay? Look, he knew that if a cop found tire tracks at one of the murders, and that if enough of the victims were in Harris's class, that they'd arrest him." Stiles explained in a calm voice as he looked at his father almost pleadingly and John shook his head at himself as he sighed in resign.

"All right, fine. I'll allow the remote possibility, but give me a motive. I mean, why would this kid want most of the 2006 swim team and its coach dead?" the ex-sheriff asked us in confusion as he looked down at the yearbook on the table and I grimaced slightly because I really don't know idea why Matt would want them dead.

"Isn't it obvious?" Stiles asked us loudly as he threw his arms up in the air and we all looked at him in confusion as he sighed dramatically. "Our swim team sucks! They haven't won in, like, six years. Okay, we don't have a motive yet. I mean, come on, does Harris?"

"What do you want me to do?" John asked us with a sigh as his arms fell helplessly to his sides and I smiled at him in victory as I pushed myself off of the desk.