Party Guessed

I was standing in the abandoned train depot that was the home base for Derek’s pack because I had decided to come and offer my help to Derek since it was the first full moon Boyd and Erica were going through and Isaac didn’t have control yet.

“What is that?” Isaac asked curiously as he crouched down near the lid of the trunk that Derek had brought out and pointed to the black painted on triskele.

“It's a triskele. Spirals mean different things - Past, present, future. Mother, father, child.” Boyd explained to him from his position next to the train car door where Erica was leaning in the doorframe.

“You know what it means to me?” Derek asked him as he turned his head to look at the Beta with a quirk eyebrow and I looked over at Boyd curiously as I tilted my head to the side.

“Alpha, beta, omega?”

“That's right. It's a spiral. Reminds us that we can all rise to one or fall to another. Betas can become alphas, but alphas can also fall to betas or even omegas.” The Alpha told them as he smiled faintly at Boyd and I crossed my arms over my chest.

“Like Scott?” Isaac asked a little spitefully as he traced the triskele with his finger and I rolled my eyes as Derek looked over at him blankly.

“Scott's with us.” he told him firmly as he reached into the trunk and I head the clang of metal as I grimaced slightly at the memory of my first full moon.

“Really? Then where is he now?”

“He's looking for Jackson. Don't worry, he's not gonna have it easy tonight either. None of us will. There's a price you pay for this kind of power. You get the ability to heal, but tonight you're gonna want to kill anything you can find.” Derek explained to them all as he stood up from his crouch and turned around to look at us all sympathetically.

“Good thing I had my period last week, then.” Erica quipped easily to break the tension filled silence and I laughed softly in appreciation as the guys cringed slightly. The blonde winked in my direction as Derek bent down to the trunk and stood back up with a metal headband with spikes pointing inwards.

“Well, this one's for you.” He told her cheerfully as he held it out towards her and she quirked an eyebrow at it as the boys grimaced in sympathy.

“Eh. It’s not so bad. I had to wear it on my first full moon.” I informed her casually as I pushed myself off of the train wall and walked forward to take the contraption out of Derek’s hand. I placed it on my head carefully so that it was balancing and they all gave me amused looks as I tried walking in a straight line without it falling off. I walked a few paces forward until the ring fell off and I quickly caught it in mid-air before it could hit the ground.

“What are you going to be doing tonight?” Isaac asked me as I placed the headband down in the trunk and then turned to face him with a smile.

“I’m going to Lydia’s birthday party, of course. Party of the year.” I told him with a slightly mocking smile as I strolled past him towards the train car in I had taken over and he smiled back at me sarcastically.