Claim Your Crown

This is funnnnnn hope you like it 💜

Shiro stood tall in the living area of the Castle of Lions, unwavering and steady

"Our mission on planet AX-3130 is to supervise and gather intelligence on the candidates competing for the Galra throne. Identify likely victors, potential threats, and as always, keep the peace. We will be discreetly spectating from the middle of the crowd on the western side of the arena from the entrance. I'm assigning teams-we're splitting up, but we still shouldn't go alone. Keith and Hunk, you two are a team-Team Alpha. Pidge and Allura, you'll be Team Beta. Lance and I will make Team Theta."

Lance paused, had to absorb what the black paladin just said-are they really on a team together? Just Shiro and him? He's so cool-does Shiro think he's cool? Or maybe he thought Lance needed to be babysat . . .

Their leader turned back. "Allura, set us down."

"On it."

"Alright everyone, make sure your comms are working. Sound off."

Everyone sounds off on comms, and once assured they're functional, the team prepared for drop-off.

Lance tried to calm his rattling nerves, listening in on Allura and Coran.

"T-minus forty tics to landing."

"Coran, activate the invisibility shields, we must maintain a low profile."

"Yes, Princess."

Keith and Pidge were talking in front of him, Keith fiddling with his gloves.

As they grew closer to the surface of AX-3130, Keith and Hunk attempted to boost morale a bit with some handholding.

Lance laughed internally, letting out a small smile when Hunk walked up to him and held his hand out. He grasped it in his own and pulled him in for a quick hug.

"Be safe out there, man."

Lance laughed. "You too. No eating unidentified alien food."

"Awe, come on! Some of it's really good!"

The blue paladin rolled his eyes, grateful for Hunk. He's always ready to have a good time, and Lance had to admire that about him.

Keith came next, with a gloved hand on Lance's shoulder. "Good luck, Lance."

"You too, Keith."

Pidge swung by for a quick fist-bump. "Let's do this, guys."

Shiro came to stand beside him.

Suddenly, the Castle jerked-definitely just landed.

Shiro moves out from behind him to stand before everyone. "Alright team, AX's atmosphere is pretty earth-like, but still thick. Everyone have their breathing assists? Bayards?"