Enlightening Pain

Friendly reminder that this is a mature story 😊

Lotor was pouting.

And Lance was absolutely enjoying it.

They'd taken a moment to discuss the current status of ownership of Lance's soul. The prince naturally was distraught, but despite everything, the White Lion was a pillar of greatness and prosperity—and there was nothing that could be done about it now. Now, Lance had to leave—he needed to handle the Blue Lion as well as Keith, and as a show of good faith, he shouldn't be taking so long.

"Must you leave? I'm injured, my sweet. Won't you tend to my wounds?"

Lance laughed, wholly—the greatest feeling he'd experienced in quite a while. "The sooner I leave, the sooner I can come back. I have to get this done or the tiny little thread of trust we've sewn might snap."

Lotor's hands crept further up his armored waist to his ribs—Lance wished he could feel it. "I know you're right, but I don't like the idea regardless. Hurry back to me?"

Lance raked his eyes down Lotor's once again bare torso, heart aching at the wounds there and core aching at the sight of everything else. "I will. I'll be back as soon as possible," he promised.

Lotor had pulled him down to straddle—now Lance leaned forward, the tip of his nose brushing gently against Lotor's. Softly, and sweetly, Lance kissed him—a promise of his return, and something to tide him over until then.

Lotor seemed to savor it for a moment after Lance pulled away, eyes opening only as Lance stood to leave. Lotor's hand followed his as their fingers parted where they had been intertwined, like he wanted to touch him every second that he could.

"I'll see you shortly, then," the prince muttered.

Lance backed away slowly, facing Lotor as water dripped from his armor. "Okay," he whispered.

The door was at his back all too soon, and he spun around it so that he only needed to turn his back when Lotor was finally out of sight. Lance sighed, wanting to stay and take Lotor up on his flirtatious offer, but knew that duty called.

White's bay was a short walk around the corner, and for a moment, Lance wondered if White would even respond to him. The thought was cut short as White whirred to life, eyes lighting, thrumming with power as it bent down to open its maw. Lance smiled, and entered.

"Hello, Paladin."

He nearly flinched at the otherworldly voice in his head—but it wasn't as bad as it was initially. He at least felt more prepared this time—more sane. "Hello, White."

White didn't respond, so he supposed there was nothing more to be said. He steered White from the bay and headed over to the Castle as quickly as he could without looking suspicious, entering Blue's bay slowly to, again, avoid seeming aggressive.