Chapter 7 - Reminiscing

Flashback*

January 2007

It was a cold winter day in, and Khushi was late for class. She quickly grabbed her things from her dorm and literally ran to campus dressed in her winter jacket, a white tuque, mittens and matching scarf, her books in one hand and her coffee flask in another. Her skin was pale and her cheeks and lips dry, due to the cold. The snow started falling gently while she was rushing to class. Suddenly she clashed into a manly figure while her books and papers fell to the ground.

"Oh my god, I am so sorry! Are you okay? I'm just really late for class and I was running... And then it started to snow, and it's just so crowded here that I didn't see you" she said in a rush.

While she was talking non-stop, she didn't notice him admiring how beautiful she was.

"I'm really really sorry; I hope you're not hurt? Oh my goodness, did I spill my coffee on you? I can totally pay for dry clean-"she said nervously, not even paying attention herself to what she was blabbering.

"Woah woah, slow down there!" he said in between laughing.

She couldn't help but admit how nice he looked, not just feature wise, however his behaviour made him seem like her would be one of the nicest people she would meet. Light skin, dark brown eyes framed with long dark lashes, a perfect smile and a cute dimple on his chin. Dressed in jeans, and a light winter jacket, she noticed how fashionable he was as he laughed freely.

"You're laughing...at me" she said confused. But he just kept laughing. Suddenly annoyed, she bent down to pick up her books and papers, and when he finally controlled his laughter, he helped her pick up her things as well.

"I'm sorry, it's just, a girl has never bumped into me and apologized like that, ever in my life! I usually get the opposite reaction, especially since I was the one who bumped into you. So I guess I should be saying sorry" he said with a warm smile.

"Sorry, and no you did not spill coffee on me, although I kind of wish you did!" he replied grinning.

"Wait, what?" she asked incredulously.

"Here, you missed a book" he said picking up her copy of A Thousand Splendid Suns.

"Oh...thanks" she replied.

"One of my personal favourites! " he said. "Have you read The Kite Runner? It's another sad one, but really good!"

" Uh..." she stumbled for words, shocked.

"I know, I know, it's hard to believe that someone as sexy and cool as me reads those types of books. But some of us do, it's just a common stereotype!" he winked at her.

She stifled a giggle from coming out of her mouth. So he was one of those guys. Cocky, and quite flirty.

"Uhmm okay...well anyways, I'm late for class so I better run. Thanks for helping me with my books, and sorry again for bumping into you" she said while turning on her heels and heading in the opposite direction.

"Wait! What's your name?" he yelled after her.

She walked faster, laughing as she left him hanging. Laughing? She was actually laughing! She couldn't remember the last time she smiled, let alone laughed. 'That guy was some character!' she though to herself.