Chapter 8 - Guilt

Chapter 8 - Guilt

As soon as work was done for Khushi, her driver picked her up and started driving home.

"Mohan, where are you going? You just missed the turn!" she said.

"Really Khushi? I know my hair is hidden in this ridiculous cap thingy, but do I really look like Mohan to you?" asked Anjali sarcastically with a huge grin.

"Di!?!? What the hell are you doing?" asked Khushi laughing while staring at Anjali incredulously. She was wearing a normal sari, but she had put her hair in a bun and had worn Mohan's cap to resemble him.

"I'm kidnapping you of course! And stop calling me Di, you know it makes me feel old! Just because I'm like your older sister, doesn't mean I'm not your best friend anymore" Anjali said.

"Ok, ok sorry Anji. But seriously, where are we going?" asked Khushi.

"It's Mama and Mami's wedding anniversary today, duh!" said Anjali rolling her eyes smiling.

"Oh shoot! I totally forgot, I didn't even buy them anything!! Damn!" said an upset Khushi.

"Chill, its okay! The best gift for them would be your presence at the party. And plus, if you really want to gift them something, just share NK's gift, you totally have the right" said Anjali with a wink.

"But Anji, I don't even have anything to wear! What are people going to think of me, attending a party like this in business attire!" she exclaimed.

"Relax Khush, NK has everything covered of course! He bought you something to wear along with some jewelry. It's in the trunk" she said smiling warmly. "I think he left you a love letter too" said Anjali raising her eyebrows.

"You're just jealous that Shyam doesn't leave you any love letters" said Khushi laughing.

"Actually, I am pretty jealous! Him and I are going to have a serious talk once we get home, he rarely does anything romantic like NK does for you" Anjali said with a pout.

Khushi chuckled at Anjali's comments, and realized she had just gotten one of her poor Shyam into trouble.

Besides treating her as a big sister, Anjali was also Khushi's best friend, and they never kept anything from each other. Anjali knew all about Khushi's past, and hated the man that broke her heart. So how was Khushi supposed to tell her that the very same man was also her little brother? But she needed to get the truth out, she couldn't keep this from her family. She wanted to tell NK first, but then realized that maybe getting some advice from Anjali would be a better decision.

"Anji, I really need to talk to you about something" Khushi said seriously.

"What's wrong Khush?" Anjali asked while parking right in front of the Raizada Mansion.

So Khushi told her everything, about how shocked she was to see him yesterday, about her feelings, about the things he had said to her and even about their almost kiss.

"Holy crap...this is so messed up" said Anjali while massaging her temples. "Are you serious...Chote?!? He's the one who'and you're that girl...and that's why..oh my goodness, you're that girl one he cries over till date. Oh my god" said Anjali again with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry Di, I didn't know. I mean, I just don't know what'" Khushi said with tears forming in her eyes.

"Hey, it's okay. Thank you for telling me Khushi, I'm glad you're honest with me. But I seriously don't know what to say. You and Arnav share this past that's so deep, and then you and NK... Do'do you still have feelings for Chote? Be honest with me" Anjali asked looking at Khushi seriously.