Chapter 4: Save...Me

'SCREEEECH', the bus jerked onto the road harshly in front of the school. "SORRY", Ron yelled.

We all get off and head to class. I sat down at my usual seat waiting for first period to start. I took off my denim jacket leaving me in my black jeans and white shirt.

Everyone entered the classroom and Warren sat down beside me. "How was your shift last night?", I asked not looking up from my favourite book.

     Surprised, "It was good".

I raised my eyebrow and turned my face towards him, "You're not much of a talker. Are you?". He didn't respond.

Professor walked in and began the lecture. Warren slid his bag off the table to set it on the side of his chair. He hit my burnt arm in the process. I hissed lightly as I scrunched up my face. Warren looked over at me, "What happened to you?".

"Nothing I just got hurt yesterday not a big deal", I whispered as I put my jacket back on.

"Sorry", he looked away listening to the lecture. This thought about what he said because I doubt he knew what he did. Or it was because he hit me with the backpack. But the fact is that he apologised.

During nutrition break I stopped by the nurses office. "Hi Nurse Spex", I sat on the medical bed taking off my jacket.

     "Hello deary", she peeled my bandages away, "Did you put the cream and new bandage last night?".

"Yes and yes. Also today is Save the Citizen—", I trailed off. "Oh no you're not you still have at least a week to heal. Good thing it's only a first degree burn".

I smiled, "Thank you Nurse Spex". She electronically sent a note to Coach boomer.

▽●●●●●▽

"5...4...3...2...1!", we all screamed as the mannequin citizen got chewed up by the spiked shredder. Speed and Lash, the villains had win again.

I sat next to Will's left while Layla sat to his right. The two villains chose their next hero opponents, Will and Warren. Well this will certainly be interesting. I wished Will good luck as he made his way down the stairs.

The whistle sounded for the game to begin. With the help of Lash, Speed zoomed and bounced all around the arena like if it a ping pong machine. The Heros struggled at the beginning getting pushed around.

Then Will punched the floor to throw the villains off guard. Will dealt with Lash by wrapping his appendages around a pole. While Warren was being encircled by Speed. Due to the vacuum vortex his flames grew smaller and started clenching his throat due to lack of oxygen.

"Come on you guys", as I clasped my hands together in worry. Will, with his strength, grabbed Speed while still in motion and made him run right into Lash who was still on the pole.

The numbers in the countdown kept ticking and the citizen kept getting lower. Will lifted and threw Warren at the citizen. Warren enclosed his arms around the dummy saving her at the last minute. "Yes!", I raised my arms and yelled.

Everyone rose up and cheered at the freshmen who beat the seniors. We all went to Will but I stopped to see Warren leaving the gym alone. I caught up to him and grabbed his shoulder, "Hey you okay?"