Chapter 14: New Chapter

It's been five years since (y/n)'s death. In that time there has been an increase of criminal activity among the powered community. Police weren't specifically trained for these type is situations and solely relied on Heros to deal with it. But even within the Hero community there was no real sense of governance and mostly were competitive freelancers trying to make a name for themselves.

     What also contributed to the rise in crime was The Blast. When the Lotus was destroyed it released all the elemental powers across the whole world and mostly effected the city of Maxvill. The gave regular people special abilities. Abilities they don't know how to control and most use them for their own personal gain.

     Thus the Supervisory Alliance was created or a S.V.A for short. These elite of hero's devoted themselves to protecting the innocent and educating the alternates. But not all alts are savable.

    Who are these people you ask?

    Introducing Ethan or Mister E, with his high intelligence he mostly stay behind the scenes guiding his fellow operatives. From as simple as changing traffic lights and viewing personal information to activating explosives and using hackable technology to basically see everything. He's well known in the hacking community, one of the best but once in his sights he will surely crash your day. His day job? He's one of lower level techies in the company called Google.

    Next is the Keeper. Amelia's knowledge about everything is of great importance but is underrepresented in her daily life as a stenographer, or court reporter who writes official records for the courtroom proceedings. Once the Keeper, this secret operative can infiltrate multiple lavish gathering and woo those around her with her beauty, both in mind and body.

    Then there's The Lantern, the media always seems to get his name wrong on the big time news papers. Being called Firefly, Glowstick, and Lightbulb never really did sit well with him. So he decided to take matters into his own hands by becoming a photographer and journalist for the Maxvill Times. He is able to write about the Lantern and fellow hero's. As well as selling his own merch on the side.

    And we certainly can't miss Majestic especially when her wardrobe is consistent with a magician's assistant and a top hat. Her special trick, is disappearing under the hat and all is left is a guinea pig. Magenta's citizen life is simple, a bartender in the coolest bar in town. With being a pick-pocketer on the side.

    'You can look but not touch'. Those are Jade Creeper's famous words. Her sexy attitude can bring any man to there knees, if not her poisonous fighting and vine whipping skills sure will. Layla lives her life as a life-saving ER doctor with her amazing skills with healing and medicine. Who is also happily engaged to her high school sweetheart.

    Speaking of high school sweet hearts, Will. Not one to follow the family relater business he decided to become a forensic scientist for Maxvill PD. But he's never clocks out because once his blue shift ends his red one starts. As Thunderbird with lightning flying speed and thunderous strength his name strikes fear in criminals. If not his intimidating attire will, in all black with highlights of red defining his built body and terrifying black eye mask that pierces your soul.

     Then there's Inferno also in all black suit this hero is rarely seen by the public. Some call him their Silence Guardian or Black Knight. But in any case he's there to protect or serve delicious Chinese food. Due to Ms. Hui having no children or distinct relatives the restaurant was passed into Warren's care. Becoming one of the most well known restaurants with its new renovations but still has that old town taste. And on busy day Magenta help bartends in the Paper Lantern.

     But they aren't the only people who protect the city they love. This team has many allies around. Like Shadow Beast and Mizuchi for example. Even though they travel the world together or on their own, Maxvill is their home and will come when needed.

     There's other allies on the home front like Sgt. De Luca who's now leveled up to Police Captain. He knows all about the S.V.A and identities which happened on accident. Along side with Detective Brandon Cornell. The two help and cover for the S.V.A in certain situations in exchange for leads of any kind. Also in arresting the lost cause alts placing them in high maximum prisons and providing safe heaven for the misunderstood ones.

     As life continued forward there were few who still held onto the past asking questions. And those questions needed answering.

     And one heart still burns for the missing member.

    "(Y/n)...I wish I could see you again and tell you how I felt", as a man in all black gazed up at the starry sky remembering the times they sat on the roof of her parents house.

    As he turned to disappear in the darkness as a subtle design shifted on his back.

    A shiny black design of a fox in flames.

▼.○.○.○.▼

  Word count: 863