Chapter 12: Light & Dark

"(Y/n) what is this", my mother has her hands on her hips as she stared down at Bear.

"Mom please can he stay here", I begged.

"Wait until your father gets here and—are those MY SLIPPERS!".

Bear had wondered off and chewed the fuzzy shoes.

"Bear laat vallen", he dropped them. I sighed then looked to my mom, "I'll get the stuff he needs. I'll take care of him. Please he has nowhere else to go".

"I'll talk with your father and this is a big responsibility", she took her slipper back.

    'I'm part of an secret organisation and have make sure neither I or my teammates don't get killed', I thought and couldn't say out loud.

The front door opened and in came my dad, "Hey honey what for lunch—", Bear strolled to dad, "Aww who's this little guy".

He kneels down and gave Bear a belly rub. "Hi dad can we keep him? He's trained", I lean against the stone countertop.

    "I don't see why not", still petting Bear.

"Steve!", my mom looked around in astonishment and threw her hands up. "What? What's wrong?".

"H-he chewed my slippers", mom shaking the torn shoe. "Aww what a good boy. Those slippers were old and stinky. And what a better excuse to get new ones", dad laughed.

My mom huffed as she went up stairs, "Fine he can stay but he's not allowed NEAR MY THINGS!".

My dad and I laughed nervously. My phone dinged, it was Warren, 'Hey I need a sparring partner would you like to come over?'.

I text back, 'Yeah I'll be there soon'. While telling my parents I'm going out I grabbed the leash and placed it on Bear.

▽●●●●●▽

     We went up through the main staircase to reach the residential floor. Continuing to make our way up until we reached the roof.

     "Woah", I whispered in awe.

     The then barren roof was transformed into lounge area with vegetation grown around it. New wooden floors, string lights dangling from the metal poles and a wooden gazebo with greenery on top.

     While Warren was setting up the mats I took off Bear's leash, "Hey is it okay that I brought a friend".

     Warren looked up an smiled, "Sure as long he does his business on grass". I laughed and took off my jacket, shoes and socks. Stepping onto the mat Warren tossed me a head guard and gloves.

     "Alright let's do this", I smirked. "Let's shall we", he smirked back.

  I round kicked his head making him stumble back. Warren charged tackling me to the ground. I kicked him off then wrapped my legs around his arm and pulled. He grunted and rolled back loosening my grip. On the ground I enclosed my arms around his neck. He then stood up and flung me over his shoulder. I landed with a thump and rolled away. I stood up with hands in guard stepping closer. He swung for my head, I ducked then jabbed his stomach.

     We pushed each other away.

     I swung, he dodged then ran into my stomach and wrapped his arms around it. Still in his hold I turned, with my back facing him and enclosed my left arm around his head then jumped up. Replacing my arm with my legs I used my weight and spun around making us collapse to the floor. Both of us breathed heavily as we circled each other like wild beasts. Warren advanced by punching my sides then aiming to kick my head. I ducked from his kick then swung my leg meeting his ass. He stumbled forward then turned, "Did you just—".