Chapter 6: Homecoming Battle

"Wow sweetheart you look beautiful", my dad smiled.

I wore a short white lace dress with blue V's coming down from the top and had on a pair of simple black heels.

"Thanks dad. I wish Will would come thought", doing last minute adjustments to my hair. "Me too", dad sighed.

My parents in their suits and I entered the party. Music boomed through the gym as students and faculty mingled with each other.

Dad stopped, "Josie, (y/n) wait we can't unveil the Stronghold Four without Will". "Maybe we should fly back.", mom turned. "And we don't need another reward", dad responded.

"Yeah I agree it's not the same without Will", I added. "Why don't you go and fun with your friends", my mom smiled. "Okay", I nodded.

We were about to separate when a female voice and a spotlight stopped us, "Welcome the Commander and Jetstream!"

Everyone cheered as we were forced to walk closer to the podium. I shifted away from the spot light edging my way to my friends.

Gwen continued to speak, "And to mark this occasion we planned a special tribute to the most powerful super being ever to walk the hall of Sky High...ME!"

Gwen flipped around her cape to reveal her metal black body suit with gold details. A golden mask enclosed around her face and her hand sparked with electricity pulling out giant signs from both sides of the room. The name ROYAL PAIN was lighten up. A bit on the extra side but let's just go with it.

Her grey little henchman popped the Pacifier from out the podium. The Commander stepped up confused, "So Royal Pain is a girl".

"Of course I'm a girl you idiot", a distorted voice yelled back. She aimed the weapon at my father and turned him into baby. My mother flew towards Royal Pain but was turned into a baby in mid flight. Mr. Boy jumped and caught my mother just in time before he too became a baby.

Pain kept shooting others as they screamed and ran to the exits in panic. But all of them were closed off by Speed, Lash, and Penny.

Warren threw a fireball at the vent cover and it landed at a distance with a bang. "Not bad", I nodded.

Magenta, Layla and I went in first then Warren, Zack and Ethan trailed behind. On all fours we made our way through the small vent.

"It's dark. Warren you think you wanna shine some light", Ethan asked. "Not unless you want to be barbecued", Warren answered. Then a green light emitted from the back.

"Excuse me ladies", Zach squeezed past us. We smiled as he pass by. His whole body glowed as he led the way. "Way to glow Zack", Ethan said. "Thanks man".

As we reached to a stop I heard Zack, "Oh sup kid". We all climb out and I hugged my brother, "You came".

"Yeah you guys are never going to believe this Gwen-", Will was interrupted by Layla. "Is Royal Pain's daughter".

"And-", the Will was interrupted again but by Warren. "She stole the Pacifier".

"Right", Will responded. "And she turned everyone to babies including your parents dude", Zach added.

Pause. "That I did not know but we got to do something", Will pointed out.

"How we're just sidekicks", Magenta crossed her arm. Will reasoned, "Just because you have powers doesn't mean you're a hero. Sometimes it just means you're a jerk...".

Will continued to ramble when Layla stopped him, "We get it, you've been a jerk". Then Layla kissed Will. "Finally...pay up", I gazed at Warren. He groaned then took out ten dollars.