through the wire // hyunlix

everyone knew how much hyunjin and felix bickered. it was the only sound that filled their dorms in the early morning and that ended off the night. they would  always bicker like an old married couple and the rest of the group was fed up with it.

their last argument was the longest yet, lasting for two weeks straight -- and it was about fucking water. every time they saw each other, they would either through insults or just ignore each other completely. of course, this was only kept to their dorms.

hyunjin and felix both knew when to be professional and when they could really let loose.

honestly, it had gotten to the point where chan didnt know if they really hated eachother or if it was just friendly banter, but he was leaning towards the former.

"how the fuck is water not wet, what else would it be?!" hyunjin exclaimed, enraged. of course, it was the same argument they had been stuck on for days straight.

felix stared at him sharply, "when it touches something, it makes that object wet. but the water itself is not wet, get this into your big head."

"are you implying it's dry then? if it's not wet then does it make it dry, huh??" hyunjin retorted, raising a ( very attractive, but felix would never admit it ) eyebrow.

"you're just putting words in my mouth, i never said that what the actual fu-"

"guys stop arguing, we're trying to eat here!" changbin exclaimed, exasperated.

the two had been arguing from opposite ends of the table, leaving the rest of the group to be caught in their dumb fight. for some reason, they found dinner to be the prime time of their debates, and they continued this 'tradition' for almost every single day.

"sorry hyung." they both muttered, neither really meaning it.

"since, you guys have been so annoying and need to sort this out, the two of you will be cleaning up." chan smirked deviously, ignoring the whined of the two dancers.

"no, hyung please don-"

chan interrupted them and stood up. "well, i gotta get back to writing songs, so you two have fun." and so he left with the rest waddling after him like baby ducklings following their mother.

———

the rest of the group thought putting them together alone would solve their problems, but it clearly didn't work.

"no hyunjin, just listen to me!" felix whined, voice echoing throughout the dorms.

"felix your argument makes absolutely no sense."

hyunjin and felix were both doing their part in cleaning up, but decided to start another argument in the process, this time a billion times dumber than the last.

" think about it - if i put a gun on my hand and never let go, would i be considered a cyborg?" the australian said, using his hands to over exaggerate everything.

hyunjin face palmed. "you would be an idiot holding a fucking gun."

"no but what if i taped it on and no one could take it off."

"it isn't built into your body so that technically means y o u a r e n o t a c y b o r g."

"but what is the definition of cyborg?" tried felix, scrubbing the plate in his hand harder. he wasn't about to lose the dumb argument with hyunjin.

hyunjin dropped the cloth he was holding and whipped out his phone to search up the defintion. "a fictional or hypothetical person whose physical abilities are extended beyond normal human limitations by mechanical elements built into the body."