The day after

"So he loves me?" Thought Sakura as she laid lonely in her bed. Last night Tenma confessed his feelings towards Sakura. He told her he loved her. She thought she felt something but once he professed her love all she could do was run away. She ran away, with tears in her eyes. Sakura knew she was forcing feelings upon herself but she felt guilty for abandoning Tenma. Embarrassed. "How am I going to face him at work?" Sakura sulked for another half hour before she had to get up to get dressed to go to the hospital.

The tall dark haired Uchiha woke up early to have breakfast with his loser best friend. The friends were suppose to meet at 8:30 at a small family owned restaurant but as usual Naruto was running late. He decided to check out the nearby shops when suddenly he felt someone running into him. He turns around and looks down at the short pink haired medical ninja. Sakura was so deep in her thoughts that she was almost late to work. Rushing to get to the hospital she accidentally almost runs over Sasuke. Sakura has been trying to avoid Sasuke but every time she sees him her heart breaks a little. She turns her blushed face away, "Uh, sorry." Sasuke looks at her, looking at her with those eyes, as if he could read her. Not as if because she knows he can. Sakura looks back up at him, her heart can't take it anymore. She runs, runs very fast, always from him.

As if things couldn't go worse for the medical ninja, right as she steps into the hospital she sees Tenma. He was just leaving after doing a graveyard shift. Making eye contact he says absolutely nothing. Obviously upset he walks out of the hospital. "SHANAROO MY LIFE SUCKS." she yelled out. But, instead of dealing with her emotions and issues, she drowns herself with work to distract herself .

"What took you so long? It's been half an hour." Naruto smiles nervously. "Hehe sorry Teme, I overslept", chucked Naruto. The two best friends walk in to finally have their awaited breakfast.