Rejection

As the two friends await for their food, Naruto and Sasuke talk over his previous mission. "I still don't know why you chose Ino by hey it was your decision." Sasuke gives Naruto a 'whatever' face and moves on. "So no one can translate the scroll?"
"No, I couldn't even read it with my ocular powers. Kakashi is sending it to a team of specialists to look over it. We should be alerted when it has been detected." Replies Sasuke. As soon as Sasuke finished his sentence a familiar figure came into the same restaurant. He seemed like he lacked sleep and has had his heart torn out.

   "Tenma?" Asked Naruto. He looks at the two friends, "Oh it's you guys." He awkwardly chuckles. "Is everything fine? Did something happen?" asks the blonde hair ninja. Sasuke couldn't care less but he did recognize that he was the one who was at the festival with Sakura. "Well you know how I went to the festival with Sakura, I thought we've been getting pretty close so I thought our outing was a date so well I guess I was wrong and we just went 'as friends' because when I confessed my love to her and all she did was walk away." Sasuke looked up, Sakura's co-worker seemed to genuinely be heart broken. "Oh, I'm sorry Tenma. I think Sakura has feelings for someone else." Replied Naruto. Giving out out a long sigh, "I guess I should've seen it coming, a girl of her caliber must have a guy who is worth more than me. I guess I'm just part of her fanboys." Tenma walks away out of the restaurant visibly upset.

   After witnessing the whole ordeal, Sasuke couldn't help but think of Sakura, of how he hurt her. How she must've felt when he left. How much pain he caused her. The pain that Tenma felt was only a fraction of the real hurt that Sakura endured. He always pushed her away.