15. Tessa Dixon

So, sorry for the late update. I intended to update a lot sooner, but forgot that I had an appointment (now almost two weeks ago) to get my wisdom teeth removed. So, I was recovering, and then (unfortunately) my college started back up. So, I'll be trying to get back on a regular updating schedule and do my best to get one update minimum a week for both the books I am currently writing.

Anyway, Enjoy!

Crystal's POV

"This is not what I was expecting," I said as I stepped out of the car.

"And what were you expecting?" Jackson asked as he brushed his hair-which he had dyed brown sometime yesterday-out of his eyes-which had also miraculously changed color yesterday to hazel-and strolled across the sidewalk toward the house in front of us. "Some kind of super-secret lair?"

"Actually yes," I replied as I stared at the house.

It was painted with different shades of brown and a door that was a really bright yellow. The lawn was well taken care of, there were bushes in the front instead of flowers, and a front porch with a couple of chairs set out on it. It was a single-story house, with a wooden fence blocking the view of the backyard, a small dark blue car parked at the curb, and a motorcycle parked in the driveway.

It was the motorcycle that caught my attention and ultimately, already had Jackson's. Because there was a woman who appeared to be working on it.

I studied the young woman bent over the motorcycle. I couldn't tell what she was doing and I didn't know the first thing about motorcycles to know what she was doing. From what I could tell of her she was wearing boots that looked like they belonged on a soldier, black pants that seemed to have more holes than actual fabric, and a white t-shirt covered in smudges, grease, and with just as many holes as her pants.

I couldn't see her face because her back was to us as we approached and she was still bent over the bike. The fact that neither Jackson nor I could see her face didn't seem to bother him, because his eyes were glued to her ass.

"You're disgusting," I muttered as I slid a pair of sunglasses over my eyes and grimaced.

Jackson just smiled.

I rolled my eyes as we finally reached the woman and I cleared my throat. "Excuse me," I started. "are you, Tessa Dixon?" I asked.

She stood up and turned toward us. Her hair fell down her back and was obviously dyed a bright, fiery shade of red. She wasn't wearing any makeup and had eyes a startling shade of blue and green, making her eyes look almost turquoise. And then there were the piercings. She had at least five in her right ear, another two in her left ear, one spiked one in her eyebrow, another one in her nose and from the holes in her shirt, I could see another in her belly button. As if the piercings weren't quite enough, she had tattoos that went all up and down her left arm, across her chest and back, and then went down to just before her elbow on her right arm. And, as far as I could tell, she had more going down her left leg.

She looked at me with caution and wariness. "Who wants to know?" She snapped. She started looking over me as if still trying to figure out who I was. "Who are . . ." She trailed off as she spotted Jackson.

I was expecting her to have the same reaction as every other girl who saw him. I was expecting her to all but throw herself at him. I wasn't entirely expecting her to study him from head to toe without any reaction.

But then her eyes widened as she stared at him. "Oh no," She said. "No. No, no, no. Not happening."

"I haven't even said anything," Jackson told her with a smile.