19. Old Friends

So,

First of all, my apologies for the late update. This is the first week I've had to myself in a long time so I'm working on catching up on a lot of my writing.

Second, I realize that I posted an announcement about this already, but I figured I'd post it again just in case some of you who want to, haven't seen it. So, I entered a writing contest a while ago and had to write a book for it. The book has been posted on another platform and as I have a contract signed with that platform, I cannot post the book on Wattpad or any other platform. The app is called Ringdom and it is the only place where this particular story can be found. So, for those of you who want to read it, the app is free. The story is free (though because of the contract I signed, in a few months that might change). The story is also completed. Again, the app is called Ringdom and the story is called A King's War.

It is different than my usual stories of action and mystery and instead falls into the genre of Fantasy. So, if you want to check it out you can, and if not that's cool too. Completely up to you. Though, again it is different than my usual writings.

Anyway, here's the latest update for Catching the Storm. Enjoy!

Crystal's POV

"Dear God, what happened to your head?"

I glared at Julie from over the rim of my cup of coffee. "Good morning to you too," I muttered sarcastically.

"Yeah yeah." She waved me off. "Seriously though, what happened to your head? That bump doesn't look pretty."

I blew out a sigh and placed the coffee cup on the table next to me. Instead of staying inside the yacht with the human hurricane, I'd come outside and laid out on one of the lounge chairs, hoping for some peace and quiet. Julie was, unfortunately, not going to give it to me. She sat herself in the lounge chair next to me and waited expectantly for me to tell her.

Turns out, I didn't have to. Because Jackson suddenly came strolling out onto the deck. He was wearing his usual suit, jacket unbuttoned, no tie, except this time he'd rolled the sleeves up to his elbows. And he'd changed his look yet again . . . to black hair and grey eyes. I was officially going to actually kill him this time.

Julie looked in his direction after she noticed my glare had turned elsewhere. She took in the bruised jaw and split lip and just nodded.

"I understand now," She said. "At least tell me you won."

Jackson smiled and raised his glass of whatever fancy bourbon he deemed worthy enough to drink at eight in the morning. "Alas," He said to her. "she was unsuccessful in her quest."

"Are you mocking me?" I questioned.

He had the nerve to look surprised. I would have believed it to if it weren't for that wicked glint in his eyes.

"I'm sure I have no idea what you're talking about."

"The hair. The eye color."

"You should be flattered," He said with a smile. "I've been told that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery."

"Only when it comes from anybody but you."

That wicked glint appeared in his eyes again, but luckily before he had the chance to say whatever inappropriate comment was no doubt going to come out of his mouth, the door to the deck was pushed open and Agent North came walking out.

Jackson's attention turned to him and he raised his glass in lieu of hello to Agent North. "Good morning," He said. "Can I get you anything? Coffee? A drink? A croissant?"