31. Neutral Party

Sorry, got a little busy with some family stuff, and with some business related stuff.

Anyway, enjoy! Agent 34 was also updated today as well for those of you reading that one.

Crystal's POV

"A neutral party?" I questioned sarcastically. "You really expect me to believe that?"

She just shrugged and walked backward until she was leaning up against the railing of the yacht. And I noticed something interesting.

She was wearing a blue silky-looking tank top tucked into the white slacks, with a pair of white strappy heels, but that wasn't what caught my attention. What caught my attention was the strange-looking black glove she was wearing on her right hand and the white bandages that wrapped up her entire right arm, her shoulder, and her neck. And even though her long blonde hair shielded a good part of her face, I could see some very nasty-looking scars, like burn scars on her cheek.

I pushed to my feet and positioned myself between her and Noah, not that she'd even made a move to go at Noah. Her brown eyes watched me closely as I moved, but her body was relaxed, leaning up against the railing, arms crossed over her chest. I glanced briefly at the ladder leading down to the lower deck, thinking that Noah and I could probably make it there before she could shoot us.

"What the hell happened to you?" I asked her as I took a small step backward. "Husband lose his temper?"

She shook her head. "Don't try it," She said simply.

There was no use trying to pretend I didn't know what she was talking about. She was much more observant, much more dangerous than I had previously thought. Playing dumb wouldn't achieve anything.

"Why not?" I questioned instead.

She locked eyes with me and when she smiled again, this time it was sinister. "It won't end well for you." She kept her eyes on me but nodded her head in Noah's direction. "Or him."

I watched her cautiously. Either we tried to get the hell out of here now, or we would be stuck dealing with her and her men.

"Noah," I said and I felt his eyes move to watch me as I spoke. I relaxed my body for a second before tensing up once again, preparing for a fight. "Don't argue, just listen," I told him and I saw him nod out of the corner of my eye. "Go!" I shouted.

He ran behind me, running toward the ladder. I ran beside him, mostly just shielding him from her because as soon as he moved, so did she and she reacted much faster than I thought she would.

She had seemed so relaxed leaned up against the rail, so calm and I had mistakenly figured she'd assumed we weren't going to try anything and just going to stay put. She hadn't looked at all like she was ready to react and yet the moment Noah moved, she had as well.

I positioned myself in the way and just barely managed to duck under the punch she threw. I wasn't expecting her to then drop to the ground and swing her leg around and knock mine out from under me.

"Crystal!" Noah shouted.

I let out a gasp as my back once again hit the deck and then rolled back to my feet as quickly as possible. I looked over my shoulder at Noah who was a few yards away from the ladder. "Go!" I shouted. He looked at me hesitantly. "Go!" I repeated.

She swung a fist at me and I dodged it, swinging my fist at her, nearly clipping her in the jaw, but she managed to dodge me at the last minute. I swung my fist at her again and this time she caught it, spun out of the way, and pulled me forcefully forward until I nearly crashed into the railing.