20. Manipulative Mind Readers

I apologize again for the late update. I was hoping to get it done sooner, but my summer classes prevented me from getting much writing done.

Also, on another note. While I'm not exactly close to finishing Catching the Storm, I've obviously closer to finishing it than Agent 34 and since I was hoping to have Catching the Storm finished a while before now, I will be putting most of my attention on finishing this story as soon as possible. That's not to say I won't be continuing to write Agent 34 during this time, it's just that where I might only update Agent 34 once a week, I hope to get in at least two updates a week for Catching the Storm.

Mostly I'm doing this because as I said, I wanted this book finished before now, but was too busy, but also because I have the entirety of the rest of the book outlined and have been writing various chapters throughout the book (none of them in order unfortunately) and have a lot of the book (again not in order) close to finished. So, because of that, I am going to try to finish this book as soon  as possible. Again, Agent 34 will still be updated at this time, just not as often as Catching the Storm.

Thank you all for your patience and again I sincerely apologize for the lack of updates. Hope you all enjoy this chapter and continue to enjoy my works,

K

Crystal's POV

"Come on in," Zack said before stepping aside and allowing us to enter the house. He glared at Jackson for a moment though.

Jackson looked around for a moment. "I would have thought that a man of your background would have finer tastes."

Zack rolled his eyes. "It's a rental. I'm on vacation. Supposed to be relaxing and taking it easy." He gestured with his free hand to his sling. "And healing."

I frowned at him. "How did that happen?"

"My brother," Zack replied shortly.

"Ah yes," Jackson spoke up. "I take it the long overdue family reunion went well?"

Zack glared at him. "What do you think?"

"Come now," Jackson continued. "Don't leave me hanging. I'm dying to know the details."

"Why don't you ask Thirteen the next time you see her? Maybe she'll break your nose again."

I raised my eyebrows and turned to look at a now scowling Jackson. "I need her name and address," I said. "I want to send her a gift basket."

Jackson turned to me with narrowed eyes. "You two will never meet."

I turned my attention to Zack. "Why would your brother do that to you?" I asked him as I gestured to his arm.

He smiled but it was fake, there was no joy or happiness in it. "A lot's changed since we were neighbors."

Jackson leaned over into my personal space. "Let's just say that his brother got into the family business."

"If you don't step out of my personal space in the next five seconds Storm, I'm going-"

"No, you're not," He interrupted me, but stepped back nonetheless.

"You don't even know what I was going to say."

"Yes," He replied. "I do. You were going to threaten to break my nose."

"How could you possibly know that?"

He flashed me a wicked smile. "Babe, you're very easy to read. Also, it goes with our earlier conversation."

"I hate you."

"You sure about that?"

"I can see where this is going," Zack suddenly spoke up.