Chapter 10

The movie the guys had chosen was titled "The Nun"

The movie the guys had chosen was titled "The Nun". Straight off the bat, Haeun could tell it was one of those very creepy horror movies. As they watched the first few minutes, suddenly the scene with the dead nun hanging came onto the screen, and she stiffened. Dead bodies weren't really something she liked seeing, however her eyes remained pinned to it as her fingers began fidgeting nervously. She couldn't take her eyes off the screen until finally the scene went away.

A voice suddenly spoke into her ear, "Who knew Lee Haeun can bravely fight off bullies, but is scared of horror movies."

The girl flinched, earning herself a quiet chuckle from the boy.

"Shush." She hushed him, but Jisung continued laughing. Sighing, she excused herself to the bathroom, and walked down from the farthest row and left the theatre.

After finishing up her business, she walked out of the bathroom and into the hallway. However, her path to her theatre was blocked by the last 3 faces she wished to see in that moment.

"Oh my god, isn't that dear Haeunnie?" The girl on the left squealed happily.

"It is!"

Haeun froze as the three tall and skinny girls approached her.

"Aww, and she hasn't changed at all! Except..." The girl in the middle, Yoojung, flicked Haeun's school nametag. "Your new school? I heard Jongho transferred there. Are you happy to see him again, Haeunnie?"

Haeun took a deep breath to compose herself before responding coldly. "It's none of your business. Get out of my way."

The girls laughed. "Wow, you sure have changed! Last time I saw you, you were too scared to even look at me."

"Yeah, cause you're too ugly to look at." Haeun fired.

"Oh, is that so? And all this time, I thought it was because you were ashamed of yourself. Silly me!" Yoojung retorted sarcastically. "And if we're talking about ugly, do you want me to remind you of what you looked like a couple of months ago, Haeunnie?"

"Go fuck yourself." Haeun glared at her.

"Who are you and what have you done to my dear Haeunnie?" Melissa, their half-American friend, exclaimed dramatically. "I never knew you were a bitch."

"You never knew anything."

"Oh honey, we know everything." Yoojung spoke up, stepping closer. "All that shit you've done- seriously, what ever made me think you were worth my time? A snarky bitch like you should stay quiet like you were before."

"You who-" Haeun began, itching to take a step closer to slap the living hell out of Yoojung, when suddenly she felt hands wrapping around her waist, and a weight being put down on the top of her head. She was pulled backwards against someone's body. Immediately from the feeling and from the smell, she knew exactly who it was.