author's note

hello first time readers (or welcome back re-readers!)

whether it's your first or 27th time reading this series, i welcome you back with open arms. each and every one of you (yes, even you haters!) have inspired me very much to write and finish this series. & i'm very glad you did.

but before you continue on reading, here are a few short PSA's.

ONE: DO NOT PLAGIARIZE MY BOOK. this has happened before with people copying my characters and ideas, and it did not go over well. be original. thx.

TWO: ashley brenner, my oc in this book, is 14 years old in losers club, 15/16 in teens and things, and 17/18 in better with you. as such, she is a teenager, and is allowed to have emotions and work on sorting them out.

her and richie are not perfect. she isn't and NEITHER IS RICHIE. i cannot stress this enough. so many people decide to automatically hate ashley and excuse richie for mistakes he makes. this isn't at all fair. shouldn't ash be allowed to make human mistakes, just as richie is?

and also, do not call her a bitch, whore, slut or any other derogatory terms in the category that could be offensive. ashley was actually based off of me, and has a lot of my characteristics so it's extremely rude and hurtful to my character and me when you do.

THREE: richie tozier and ashley brenner are not "toxic". they have problems, and work through them. no relationship is flawless and perfect, which is exactly why i portray them the way i do. they're an asshole duo (which, if you're reading for the first time, you'll find out around chapter nine). keep this in mind while you're reading.

FOUR: i wrote this in 2017, when it chapter one came out. as such, i had no idea that richie tozier was confirmed as canon gay. please do not hate on this series, or the things in it. this is up simply to preserve the "asshole duo"'s relationship and everything that has happened since then.

( R + E, anyway. )

so yes, thank you so much for deciding to read this. it's absolutely amazing it's grown this much. welcome to the ride.

CHANEL.