- 16 -

"Did you even say a word to Jun-Oh?" Chanyeol questioned Kyungsoo after her and Soojin left. He leaned against narrowed his eyes at his friend.

Kyungsoo casually shrugged, avoiding eye contact. "I didn't need to."

"Is that how you're going to live out the rest of your life? The guy that never talked to his crush?"

"Why do you care so much about my love life?" Kyungsoo eyed Chanyeol with a look of suspicion.

Chanyeol's eyes clouded with sympathy. "Because I want you to actually smile again."

"I smile," Kyungsoo argued while he began to busy himself by organizing the darts.

"During funerals," Chanyeol muttered.

"Hey, I'm not that cold-hearted."

"Okay, well, you smile at the pain of others." Chnayeol crossed his arms.

"Really?" Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him. "Then name a time."

"That one time Sehun was mopping and he rammed his shin into a chair. He then proceeded to fall backwards into the bucket of dirty water."

"But that was funny." An amuses smile hinted on the corners of his lips.

"Okay, yeah it was," Chnayeol agreed. "But I still want you to be happy with someone."

"I'm happy with you."

Chanyeol held up his hands and let out a chuckle. "Whoa, whoa. I'm sorry dude, but I don't swing like that."

"No—" Kyungsoo smacked a hand against his own forehead. "I mean that I'm happy just hanging out with you and the other guys. I don't need a girl to be happy."

"That's what you say, but I see how you look at Jun-Oh. The fact that you can't even bring yourself to talk to her tells us more than enough." Chanyeol poked Kyungsoo's cheek. "You like her so much you get nervous, you adorable starfish."

"Tells us?" Kyungsoo repeated with a confused expression. "Who's 'us'?"

Chanyeol froze for a second, realizing where he slipped up. "I mean, like... everyone around you just notices it."

"Oh," Kyungsoo sighed, adverting his eyes. Chanyeol was relieved that he backed out of that one. "But I think I know why you seem so stubborn in getting me close to Jun-Oh..." Kyungsoo returned his gaze at Chanyeol, giving him a weird look.

"You... do?" Chanyeol swallowed hard. He was starting to feel nervous.

"Yeah, you're so loud and obvious. It gives me a headache."

"I-I..." Chanyeol cleared his throat before continuing. "What are you talking about?"

"You obviously like Soojin."

It took a second for Chanyeol to realize what Kyungsoo said. Then, he burst out into laughter. Kyungsoo raised an eyebrow at him in question.

Chanyeol stopped laughing to think about it. If I go along with this, it'll distract him from figuring out our plan. He gave a small chuckle. "Yeah, you finally got it out of me. She's just so cute, I couldn't help myself."

"Jesus Christ, Chanyeol, could you be anymore obvious."

Chanyeol shifted his eyes and leaned closer to Kyungsoo, pretending to be nervous. "Do you think she knows?"

"Soojin seems just as obvious as you do, so I wouldn't worry about it too much," Kyungsoo reassured his friend as he took money from a new participant at the booth.

   Chanyeol handed them three darts. "Thank goodness," he breathed, following with a small laugh. "So, how much time until we have to work at the food truck?"

   Kyungsoo pulled out his phone and quickly checked. "We have about fifteen more minutes."

   "Fantastic." Chanyeol grinned, ready to continue the plan.