Ch 3. Bad day at work

Izumi's POV until changed

I opened my eyes slowly, rays of light shining through a crack from my dark grey curtains. I squinted from the unwanted sunshine and scooted away from it.
My feet felt terrible, I looked down at them and realized I fell asleep in my shoes. . .
Again

I gave a groan and sat up slowly. Immediately regretting it when my body started to scream at me to go back to sleep. My eyes felt puffy and uncomfortable, making me rub them, progressively making it worse.

Nothing a shower couldn't fix.

I got up from my bland looking bed. The comforter was a plain dark green, while the sheets was a light grey. I walked over to the bathroom, which was right across from my bed.

I flicked on the light and drenched my face in the cold water. It helped a little, but my eyes still felt a little heavy. I lifted my head and looked in the mirror. Not prepared for the unholy sight.

My hair was a tangled mess, I had dark circles under my eyes. Which is strange since I seem to sleep so much. There may be a wide variety of reason why I have these dark circles. My eyelids where tinted pink, and looked a bit puffy. Why are they so puffy? I should really get that checked out.

I was noticeably paler than what I originally looked like when I first joined the League. Since I barely left my apartment/lab, I barely got any sun. It makes me think I'd be a great vampire for Halloween. I gave a small sigh and got ready to take a shower.

After I was finished, I felt so refreshed. It feels nice to take a shower after 4 days of waiting.

I dried my hair with a silver hairdryer, my natural curls looking soft once I was done. I put on some denim shorts and the same dark green hoodie. Which I really need to wash. I picked up my phone and searched for any notifications.

There was nothing until suddenly my phone rang. It surprised me so I dropped it, the phone still ringing with the name Mamagiri on the screen.

I would be confused if I wasn't so pissed.

It was my day off! They shouldn't have to be calling me.

I picked up the still vibrating phone, and answered.

"You have a new assignment." He said right when I put it to my ear. I mentally groaned, but I stayed professional.

"Ok" I said blankly. I was quite serious when it came to my job. Even if it's my DAY OFF!

"We need you to analyze quirks and the Nomu's when we send them to attack in Hosu." My eyebrows drew together in confusion.

"Why Hosu?" I asked, why that specific town? Somethin smells fishy. . .

I sniffed, my eyes landing on the styrofoam box on the coffee table. Small flies were flying around it.

Oh, that's the fish smell.

"Shigaraki didn't favor Stain, so he's decided on sending Nomu's there to put himself in the spotlight again." He said, I heard a protest in the background that was more than likely Shigaraki.

"I might as well have you analyze the Nomu's and hero's quirks while we're at it." He added. That sounded logical enough to DISTURB MY DAY OFF!

"Ok, when?" I asked.

"In a day or two, maybe today." I mentally grumbled, why today?!
He said maybe, but I just know it was going to be today.

"I guess I'll just have to pack." I said in an annoyed tone and hung up.

I opened the top drawer of my desk drawer. There were many vials and syringes in it. Safely placed in their sterilized containers.

I grabbed the ones labeled 'healing'. The liquid looked like water with orange food dye in it. But it was far from it. This liquid was a healing serum I invented. Each dose was in a 5ml syringe, and you can't go over that dosage. Or else the side effects will be dangerous.