thirty-two !

When Everly awoke the next day, the first thing she noticed was how oddly quiet the room was.

Usually, she would hear the running of the shower in the bathroom, the sound of dresser drawers slamming shut as Zach got dressed for the day, him humming softly as he got ready.

But today, the room was strangely silent. There wasn't even any noise downstairs. There was no smell of breakfast seeping in through the crack in the door. No clanging of plates and cutlery in the kitchens downstairs. No blaring sounds of the radio in the living room, or footsteps making their way around the house. Just silence.

Everly sat up groggily, rubbing her eyes. The first thing she noticed was that Zach's bed was empty. The sheets were wrinkled, pillows were littering the floor, and his duvet was in a twist, but there was no Zach. The light was off in the bathroom too.

Her eyes flicked to the alarm clock on his nightstand. It was only seven-thirty in the morning. Usually he would only be preparing for school at this time.

Everly felt her heart sink into her stomach. So he was still mad then.

Slowly, she dragged herself out of bed and started getting ready. She stumbled into the bathroom and splashed some ice cold water on her face to try and wake herself up. She peeled off her pyjamas and pulled on some fresh clothes; a maroon sweater and black jeans. She combed through her hair with her fingers and lazily flipped it over one shoulder. She didn't feel like putting in effort that day.

Slipping on her glasses and her white Converse, she swung her backpack over one shoulder. She snatched her phone up from the couch and hurried down the stairs. Ignoring the bowl of fruit sitting on the kitchen counter, she headed right out of the door.

It was bitingly cold outside, the sharp winds cutting across her face. Everly huffed, shoving her hands into her pockets. As she walked the short distance to school, she started thinking.

She knew that Zach was incredibly pissed at her but she didn't want him to be. She knew she had fucked up bad, and she had to apologise to him. Maybe she would approach him during lunch, and she hoped against hope that he would forgive her.

She strolled up to the school gates and into the building, making her way to her locker. By that time, most people had forgotten about the Twitter incident, so hardly anyone paid attention to her as she walked along the hallway. There was still a handful of people who shot her pointed glances but Everly could care less.

Entering her locker combination, she swung her locker open and her jaw dropped.

Sitting there on top of her math textbook was a single red rose and a card. In awe, Everly picked up the latter and started reading.

Meet me at 7 at our place.

~ z

Everly's heart leaped in her chest and she tried hard not to squeal out. She held the card up to her chest, her heart beating a mile a minute. She couldn't believe this. Her mind started racing.

Maybe Zach had left the house early without waking her up so he could do this for her. Maybe he wanted to apologise to her too. That  would be the perfect chance to apologise to him! She shut her locker door, and walked away, a helpless smile spreading across her face.

_______________________________

wooooooo there's gon be some action in the next one ;))

~k