EPILOGUE

TEN YEARS LATER!

"Zach, can you tell me why exactly we're going here again? Everly asked, allowing Zach to tug her by the hand as he brisk walked down the sidewalk.

"Because this was the place that we first came here together, and you started to not hate me!" He exclaimed, a wide grin spread across his face. Everly failed to suppress a giggle; Zach's enthusiasm was infectious.

The two of them hurried down the sidewalk, talking and laughing as Zach continued to lead the way. Moments later, they reached their destination. Zach pushed open the door to the ice cream parlour, earning a soft chime from the bell above the shop door.

As soon as they entered, Everly was met with a rush of nostalgia. The parlour still looked identical to when they visited last, which was ten years ago, after she decided to take Zach back as a partner for that science project. The pastel walls, and the brightly coloured plastic seats and tables. Nothing had changed.

The two of them walked further into the store and queued up behind the counter, behind two teenagers. Everly remembered when Zach and her used to be like them. A dreamy smile spread across her face. They looked up at the menu with all of the flavours to choose from.  They both knew they were just pretending. They both knew exactly what the other was getting already.

"What do you want?" Zach asked with a grin.

"Rocky road," Everly replied automatically. "What about you?" She questioned, just to humour him.

"Chocolate." Came Zach's response.

The two teenagers departed the counter and it was Zach and Everly's turn to order. "What would you like?" The cashier asked in a monotone, her head propped up in her hand with her elbow resting against the counter.

"One rocky road and one chocolate ice cream, please."

"Paying separately or together?" The cashier asked.

At this moment, Zach gave Everly a sideways smirk and he scooted over to her, wrapping his arm gently around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "I'll pay for my wife and I, thanks." Everly couldn't help grinning as Zach shot her a mischievous wink.

Moments later, the couple walked away holding their ice cream cones and they sat down at a plastic Formica table. The same exact table they had sat at ten years ago.

"You know something?" Zach asked, beaming from ear to ear.

Everly licked her ice cream. "What?"

"You look like such a dork right now."

Everly rolled her eyes playfully, continuing to attack her ice cream. "Your dork, but okay."

Zach laughed lightly, gazing at her adoringly. How had he gotten so lucky? "Okay, seriously though. You wanna know something?" He asked.

Everly looked up at him and nodded. "Hmm?"

"I am so so so so lucky to have you."

Everly smiled a smile so wide that her eyes and her nose crinkled up. "You're so corny."

"Seriously!" Zach chuckled.

Everly giggled, a warm rush flooding her. "I know. And I'm even luckier to have met you."

Many things had happened over the ten years. They had graduated, and thankfully ended up at the same university together. Moved into an apartment together. Everly had gotten a job as a doctor at the hospital in her hometown, and Zach was now a part of a sensational band. Of course, there were the highs and lows of their relationship, and their own personal lives, but now they had each other with them, and they were happy. It was them against the world, like it had always been, and would always be.

They were perfect together. They made a beautiful couple, and they understood each other and cared for each other and supported each other through the thick and thin, and that counted for a lot more than people realised. They loved each other unconditionally. They helped to heal each other and protect each other from the pain and horrors of the world.  Most importantly though?

They finally knew what it felt like to be loved.

________________________________

and that's a wrap! i really hoped y'all enjoyed this book i worked super hard on it and i literally devoted my ass to this. thank you for the support and the encouragement on this book i really appreciate it!!!! i love you guys!!!!

x,
k