the trip

dan looks at his plane ticket with the words London, England printed big on the front. he smiles as he holds it close to his heart. 10 years. that's how long it's been since he's seen phil, his ex.

they had decided that long distance relationship would not be good for the both of them since they would probably would find someone new.

"this is just a high school relationship, nothing serious." phil had said that day as he held dan's hand one last time in the garden.

dan had thought that what they had was very serious. maybe phil was just trying to trick himself into thinking that so it would be less painful. dan didn't blame him at all.

'attention, the flight to london,england is now boarding please proceed to your gate''

the image of phil sitting on top of his roof, drenched in the pouring rain, his head hung down, made his heart twist in such an uncomfortable way.

he places his bag on the conveyor belt as a security guard waves him forward. the light goes green and he hitches his bag off the belt. walking through the long walkway he sets his phone on airplane mode. he and phil had lost contact with each other in the first two years of not seeing each other. it was sad but dan had suspected that phil had found someone new.

he was now 28 years old, going to see the love of his life. he didn't even know where to look for him. the first place he thought was his old neighborhood, maybe he could ask his father if he knew where he was. it was a start.

dan puts his bag in the overhead carrier in his seat and greets the elderly man beside him.

"how are you?"

the man turns to him. "i am very good. you?"

"just fine thank you. what's bringing you to london?"

the man points to the carriers over head. "flowers are in there. i am going to surprise my daughter that had went to london to study abroad."

dan smiles. "i know she will be very surprised and overjoyed to see you."

the old man nods subconsciously. "yes it has been so long....what brings you back to london? i still hear the slight accent in your voice."

it was true. dan was losing his accent after being in america for 10 years, but a trace of it was still there. "i've come back to see and old lover, it's been ten years."

he whistles lowly. "i know they will be shocked then, how do you know that they haven't moved on?"

the flight attendant starts explaining about all the safety precautions and suggests they buckle in now. as dan and the man click on their seatbelts, he stares out the window. the thought of finally finding phil but discovering that he was with someone else...made him want to get off this plane immediately. it wasn't worth it.

he sat there in thought until the plane had rose in the air and was now flying in a smooth and slightly bumpy line towards his home land.

"i don't know." he finally answers.

"hmm?" the man says, he was starting to drift off.

"i don't know if he will have another man in his life, but the fact that i can see him again, actually hear his voice and hug him, is what keeps me going, that's my motivation to see him." he smiles at the light pink clouds.

——-

after hours of flying. the announcement of finally arriving in london was heard. dan unbuckles his seat belt, his heart positively jumping in his chest as he takes his small bag out the carrier. he hand the man his flowers.

"you are a very nice young man. what is your name?"

"dan." he smiles.

"well dan, my name his william, i hope everything goes good for you."

"thank you, i hope your daughter is more than happy to see you."

then they part ways at the gate.

this is the first time i wrote a sequel! i hope it goes good :) i also have another new book out to!

~alivia