housewife?

school had started so quickly after that, and dan was left at home regularly this time. many times, he would go out and walk around the part and he even picked up how to cook gourmet dishes so whenever phil and alex came home, he always had a hot plate waiting for them.

"this is amazing dan thanks." phil squeezes his cheek and dan smiles proudly as he watches them eat his meal and then ask for seconds.

he thought everything was going smoothly until he had a conversation with his friend (he had met someone in america named kelly who was his best friend in his last week of highschool there.)

"dan you sound like a housewife." she says bluntly as he tells her own kids to stop running in the background. dan's eyes go wide as he holds the phone between his ear and shoulder. he was cleaning the dishes from last night and this morning.

"do i really? i mean, i have nothing else to do, i'm just trying to be nice."

she sighs. "i know dan but... has phil actually told you that he appreciates what you do? or like showed another way to thank you?"

her tone was alluring and lowered and it made dan's face grow hot. "of course not! phil said he had to make sure i wouldn't leave again before he even kisses me, you think we would have sex because i cook a few meals for him?"

"okay okay calm down i was only joking, jesus, your even developing mood swings like a woman."

dan ran his fingers through his hair after drying the last dish. he looks around at the now clean house and sighs. "i don't know kelly...should i ask him about it?"

"what exactly do you want to ask him though?"

dan thought  for a minute. "i don't want to accuse him of treating me like a housewife because i decided myself to do this."

"maybe you should ask him if he thinks that you are one and see where it goes from there."

after hanging up the phone with kelly, dan sits down in the kitchen chair and closes his eyes. never before did he think he would be having this conversation with phil.

****

alex got off the bus first. she was all smiles as dan handed her a sandwich.

"does it have tomato?" she asks as she looks in between the bread.

"of course not i know you don't like it." dan responds as he finishes making phil's sandwich. all he got in response was the sound of her feet making their way up the stairs.

alex and dan were sort of getting better. she didn't hesitate to talk to him but their conversations only last for three seconds. phil came home next, he had a disgruntled look on his face as he steps in the door. dan smiles brightly and walks up to him.

"hi phil, welcome home."

"yea thanks dan" he mutters, walking past him to put his case on the couch.

dan was slighty in shock about his mood but nevertheless, he tries again anyway. "i made you a sandwich."

"don't want it right now." he grumbles walking up the steps.

dan was getting slightly annoyed but tries to contain it as he follows him to the room. he discreetly closes the door as phil sighs and strips out his coat and shoes. "hey phil, can i ask you something?"

phil sighs even louder and collapses on the bed, he looks up at the ceiling and answers. "go ahead, i guess."

"do i seem like a housewife to you? like how i cook and clean all the time?"

phil groans and sits up. "oh my god all you do is whine, you decided to stay with me and this is what you get okay? if you're really upset about it go somewhere else."

dan's mouth went open in shock, and then anger replaced it. "are you fucking kidding me?"

oh you wanted angst? i'll give you angst

~ alivia